+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

PVT

I recently had a HT with Dr.Feller, although Im not local and I'm still in the 'recovery period'.

I found the whole process professional and although I know nothing of the cases you mention I can only go on my own experience of the man and his team, all of which were first class imo.

You might find that patient discretion plays a large part in the frustrations that you are experiencing. I can vouch first hand to meeting an American actor who came in while I was having mine and he talked about his. I also got a glimpse of the number of patients Dr.Feller has had when he showed me examples of time pictures of some of his work.

The whole experience was somewhat liberating I found, within minutes of arriving I felt like he and I were understanding my issues exactly. Having spent most of my life either covering up my issues or explaining my experiences of my own hair to others, only for them to not relate to what I was telling them,I found it was refreshing to actually speak candidly with somebody who clearly understood my problems.

I have no reason to doubt him and although its still early days as far as mine is concerned I can say that I am happy how things are turning out.

Someone mentioned previously why the details of Dr. Feller's medical background were so vague, I believe it is because alot of these hair transplant surgeons are not really doctors in the medical sense, they do not have "M.D." after their names because they are not medical doctors, I know this to be the case for Feller and for quite alot of other doctors who are in this field.

All of that means if they were not getting rich doing hair transplants they would not be working in a hospital somewhere else, or in private practice, because they would not be qualified to do so. They would likely be working for a doctor, but certainly not as one. That is the case with alot of these guys.

It's pretty scary when you consider how little education is required to get into this field, and how little regulation there is in it once you get in. That is why there are as many (or perhaps even more) dissatisfied victims as there are happy patients (and that is speaking generally, not particularly about Feller, who seems to have alot of happy patients).

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post
    I was hoping for a lot more feedback people!
    I have found some more NY doctors, Dr. Carlos Wesley and Dr. Vito Quatela (he's a little outside the city in Rochester)...

I know I created this thread, but I found two doctors in nearby states that I am going to research: James E. Vogel in Maryland and Dr. Ivan Cohen in Connecticut....

I am set on getting a HT, so this journey has begun... I'm hoping to have the procedure done in December/January so I really can use the help in seeing who is best for me!

Thanks
    You know, those two are both excellent doctors. Especially James Vogel, who I have seen some superb repairs from, as well as great work on virgin scalps. I've read Glenn Beck got a transplant from Cohen (not sure if that is true or not, I have my doubts)

Quote Originally Posted by Papillion View Post
    PVT

I recently had a HT with Dr.Feller, although Im not local and I'm still in the 'recovery period'.

I found the whole process professional and although I know nothing of the cases you mention I can only go on my own experience of the man and his team, all of which were first class imo.

You might find that patient discretion plays a large part in the frustrations that you are experiencing. I can vouch first hand to meeting an American actor who came in while I was having mine and he talked about his. I also got a glimpse of the number of patients Dr.Feller has had when he showed me examples of time pictures of some of his work.

The whole experience was somewhat liberating I found, within minutes of arriving I felt like he and I were understanding my issues exactly. Having spent most of my life either covering up my issues or explaining my experiences of my own hair to others, only for them to not relate to what I was telling them,I found it was refreshing to actually speak candidly with somebody who clearly understood my problems.

I have no reason to doubt him and although its still early days as far as mine is concerned I can say that I am happy how things are turning out.
    Was it FUE or FUT?
    I do FUE, 400 grafts, on Tuesday.

I had FUT
    3000 plus grafts

James Vogel, are you kidding me? That guy does work that looks like it’s from the late 1990’s And who ever heard of Dr. Wesley or Quatela?! Stick with IAHRS doctors there is a reason why those doctors are not on the IAHRS. One more thing, DO.s are doctors, where did you get the notion that they are not? How else could they perform surgery and prescribe medicine?

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    Someone mentioned previously why the details of Dr. Feller's medical background were so vague, I believe it is because alot of these hair transplant surgeons are not really doctors in the medical sense, they do not have "M.D." after their names because they are not medical doctors, I know this to be the case for Feller and for quite alot of other doctors who are in this field.

All of that means if they were not getting rich doing hair transplants they would not be working in a hospital somewhere else, or in private practice, because they would not be qualified to do so. They would likely be working for a doctor, but certainly not as one. That is the case with alot of these guys.

It's pretty scary when you consider how little education is required to get into this field, and how little regulation there is in it once you get in. That is why there are as many (or perhaps even more) dissatisfied victims as there are happy patients (and that is speaking generally, not particularly about Feller, who seems to have alot of happy patients).
    A D.O. is just as much of a medical doctor as an M.D. it boggles the mind that people are so ignorant when it comes to their health care. Before you give unsuspecting, vulnerable people advice on a public message forum you should educate yourself so that you can speak intelligently on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari..._United_States

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    A D.O. is just as much of a medical doctor as an M.D. it boggles the mind that people are so ignorant when it comes to their health care. Before you give unsuspecting, vulnerable people advice on a public message forum you should educate yourself so that you can speak intelligently on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari..._United_States
    Where was I giving advice to "vulnerable, unsuspecting people" on this thread? There is a distinction between a D.O. and an M.D., and I admit I don't know the extent of that distinction, but I was not giving advice on this thread, so perhaps you should learn to read before you give anyone advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    James Vogel, are you kidding me? That guy does work that looks like it’s from the late 1990’s And who ever heard of Dr. Wesley or Quatela?! Stick with IAHRS doctors there is a reason why those doctors are not on the IAHRS. One more thing, DO.s are doctors, where did you get the notion that they are not? How else could they perform surgery and prescribe medicine?
    You probably have not seen any of his repairs. I have, although not in person. I don't know anything about the other two you mentioned, never heard of them.

Found this thread on another forum. Since I am not a patient I am not worried about a lawsuit. Originally posted today, 2:17 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum,

I am a former patient of Dr Feller, Feller Medical, New York, USA having underwent a 1000 graft FUE procedure to my hairline in September 2010.

Yesterday I was sent a letter by Dr Feller's attorney proposing legal action against me in respect of alleged libellous comments that I apparently made against Dr Feller when I shared my experience with Feller Medical some time ago.

The thread concerned turned into a free for all in which tempers flared on all sides before it was eventually closed by Bill, the managing publisher.

It is not necessary to publish the whole letter as the content is straight forward. Here is a brief quotation,

'The remarks that you published and disseminated pertaining to Dr. Feller were libelous per se.'

The letter goes onto say that if I do not ' immediately cease and desist from making such false and defamatory publications' and 'retract' the false comments that I allegedly made on this very forum, in a 'meaning and significant manner', legal action will be taken against me as a result of the damages suffered by Dr Feller.
    Legal action will commence in the New York Courts and under their jurisdiction despite my residency in the UK.

I will receive no further notice from Dr Feller's legal team therefore I only get one shot to get this sorted.

I am currently in a hotel in Canada, recovering from my 4th hairline repair procedure and only have iPhone access and unable to send private messages.

I am not prepared to leave this matter unaddressed until I arrive back in the UK because by then it may be too late. I also think that a prompt response will show Dr Feller and his legal team how serious I am taking this matter.

I am not a foolish man and do not welcome law suits or relish the thought of a legal wrangle. To the contrary, I feel very frightened and vulnerable right now, yet resolute and determined to deal with this for the sake of my family and myself.

All I did was post an honest account of my experience. There was never any intention to defame Dr Feller or trash his good character.

To the best of my knowledge, I have been restrained and respectful towards Dr Feller and Spex throughout, conducting myself appropriately even when I was subjected to some outrageous defamatory attacks on my character which I had little choice but to defend.

Dr Feller accused me of criminal behaviour which I am not guilty of and I simply had to refute this order to protect and honour my own good character, something which I feel has suffered on this forum as a consequence of some of the comments made by a person of such a high standing in the medical profession and society.
    Being a humble ' Average Joe', the hurtful comments have not lessened the blow and I can not help but feel violated. I am not attributing this solely to Dr Feller, who should enjoy the same freedom of expression privileges as everyone else.

I have always acted in the full belief that any comments in respect of my experience with Dr Feller were true and honest and in accorandance with the terms of service on this site. I have never received formal warnings from Bill or the other moderators about my behaviour. I have simply shared my experience, offering something back to this forum which prides itself on the free flow of information.

What follows is a brief public statement, without benefit of legal advice might I add, to comply with Dr Feller's attorney and hopefully put an end to this so I can put this chapter in my life firmly behind me.

I make this statement of my own free will and have not been coerced or subdued into making it by Dr Feller or anybody else.

I fully retract any negative statement made by myself in respect of my experience with Dr Feller. I never intended to malign his reputation or business.

I also wish to go further than this and extend this to Spex also who has a business interest with Dr Feller.

Not only should any negative statements be retracted, they should be simply removed from public view. Editing them would misrepresent my views and would draw my questions than answers, which would prolong this ordeal for Dr Feller, something which neither of us want.

I give the forum administrators my blessing to go ahead and do this.

Although I admit no legal liability by making these comments, I have carefully considered my response overnight and feel that my actions are in full compliance with what has been asked of me.

I apologise if I have offended any forum member or brought this forum into disrepute by reporting my experience.

The comments that I post regularly in support of Dr Feller's work can stand with his permission.

These comments are testament to the fact that I have never set out to deter anybody from using Dr Feller's services and that I remain impartial, objective and respectful of his talents, despite our obvious disparities.

Finally, as a means of ensuring continued compliance, and going further than what has been asked of me I feel, I would like to voluntarily deactivate my membership of this forum. This would provide Dr Feller with reassurance that he can go about his business unhindered, whilst relinquishing my fears about any future legal action from Dr Feller.

These comments are made with sincerity and meaningfulness and should not be misconstrued otherwise.

I would only respectfully ask for 3 things. I will abide by any decision taken by Bill, the managing publisher of this forum.

Firstly, to allow my website to stand. I plan to improve this and use it to report my progress on my last HT with coalition doctor,**Dr Rahal. The HT which many forum members have expressed their well wishes regardless of their views on my experience with Dr Feller.

Secondly, that due to my absence on the forum and thereby not being in a position to defend myself, that no defamatory remarks are levelled at me. I welcome free discussion but I will object to unwarranted and unjustified attacks on my character.

Finally, Bill, that you continue to help me obtain a copy of my legal disclaimer that I have been requesting from Feller Medical for 2 months, with your help. This is something that, ironically, is essential that I have in my possession for legal reasons. You have already reported back to me on this and informed me that I have a legal right to possess this and that Dr Feller has now found it.

I would also like to take my final opportunity to invite Dr Feller and Spex to respond to this statement with the added assurance that I will not respond. They will therefore have the final say. I would only respectfully ask that nothing defamatory or untrue is written.

Take care everybody and I wish you all every success in your personal endeavours in the future.

God Bless,

Jessie.