+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ask Feller's office to give you a referral list,,,,,.........Good luck with that!

I've heard mixed reviews about him and his work....

Though no doubt he is well advertised i personally still want to get together with at least 2 of his local patients for an in person inspection.......... ...........I did however talk to about 6 people after going crazy on 4 different sites to contact a few (Contacted about 20) ........3 were just ok with his work 2 hated it and 1 loved it....

only 2 were local guys...........still trying to get together......my Feller research has been going on for over a year now......

Don't understand why His office doesn't give open houses, referrals or patient lists.....This alone it turning me off to him...

You may also want to look into Dr Dorian .....or True in NY .....The first doc in my opinion may be a bit better ....

JudeL, I found your comment interesting and spoke to Dr Feller - he can prescribe propeica, but will not.

1. If he just wrote script out to people that called in or just turn up wanting a brief consult he would have a queue around the block for scripts.

2. He is not a family Doc and therefore doesn't know any medical history regarding patients who call in or meet him briefly so therefore would have the medical responsibility for prescribing the drug and due to very limited information on patients will not do it.

I hope this helps answer your question. He said go see him in person if you wish to discuss further your hairloss and hair restoration requirements and happy to help explain his medical credentials in person to you.

He suggests Speaking to your family Doc about getting a script as that is their responsibility to help you.

Have you met in person with Dr Feller for 1:1 consult? If not i would suggest it along with meeting other Docs in person to in NY suck as Dr Berstein, TD and any others you feel competent.

PVT,

Sorry you have found it hard to get in touch to meet patients. Often is the case patients tend to just get on with their lives. Did you make contact with Riley?
    I will endeavour to get you in touch with a few more but people are very limited in their contact once they have what they want from you, such is life. I might be in NYC early in the new year and more than happy to meet up for a beer mate so will let you know if this is any use to you?

I know you are a repair patient and repair patients tend to be very difficult to truly satisfy despite any Docs best efforts and i know of a couple repair patients who have had previous inappropriate multiple surgeries who DrFeller was unable to satisfy, and i doubt anyone could have.Its often the case in my experience.

We used to do big showcases and one of the first clinics to offer this event and done them in NY and London where many patients turned up to be inspected and you can find the old topics via a quick search.

We haven't done one for a while despite them being great events and attended by many - they are in actual fact incredibly time consuming to organise believe it or not and since then the patient testimonials and pictures that have since gone up by patients themselves have not given reason to organise one however you will find we are possibly the only clinic to have conducted such large showcases previously in order to try help patients and perspective ones.

Maybe we will sometime soon if i can get the time. If so i will let you know as i know you are very keen to meet patients and specifically repair ones.

Out of interest how did your ACELL /Hair plucking repair go as ive not seen anything of it since your initial postings can you link me through to the results?

Best of luck
    S
    Last edited by Spex; 10-22-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post
    well can you or anyone comment on his medical schooling/training? or why he is unable to prescribe finasteride but other hair consultants I went to offered to write me a prescription?
    I have heard of this ever since Propecia was released for consumption. Sales consultants cannot and should not be offering prescritions for any drug to patients or the public. That is highly illegal. Only a licensed physician can do that. I have even heard of consultants having pads of pre-signed scripts to give out whereby the consultant would just fill in the person's name. That too is illegal.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

thanks for the reply spex... still something shady going on I'll figure it out alright!

What about Dr. True/Dorin?
    Anyone have any experience with those doctors from New York?

I was hoping for a lot more feedback people!
    I have found some more NY doctors, Dr. Carlos Wesley and Dr. Vito Quatela (he's a little outside the city in Rochester)...

I know I created this thread, but I found two doctors in nearby states that I am going to research: James E. Vogel in Maryland and Dr. Ivan Cohen in Connecticut....

I am set on getting a HT, so this journey has begun... I'm hoping to have the procedure done in December/January so I really can use the help in seeing who is best for me!

Thanks

Question

Feller has some controversy. No doubt he has good results, but when results are less than stellar he becomes quite defensive especially if criticized in public. Threats of law suits against unhappy patients makes me wary. Where there is smoke,,,,,

Mountain, your comment is truly an uninformed one. Dr Feller rightly becomes defensive when extorted online. Its easy for anonymous poster to make comments such as yours however if in possession of ALL the facts, and not just a biased opinion, things are different.

Possibly you remember the guy who publicly announced that Dr Feller doped him prior to signing his consent form. Indeed this online poster was held accountable for his lies. This statement amongst others the poster made was a lie manufacture to damage Dr Fellers reputation and business and Dr Feller took action to defend himself against this criminal accusation...who wouldnt.

There are many things said online which are not true by patients such as the false doping charge made against Dr Feller. Some patients feel they have a right to flip the script on Doctors post op even after being made well aware of all the risks surgery brings and consent to prior.

Some patients need to vent and their is no issues there but when lies are posted along with just some "cherry picked" information and not all the facts to intensionally attack and harm a Docs reputation patients need to stand accountable.

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 11-06-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Good points Spex. These Forums can easily be damaging to a good Doctors reputation, and that is unfair when based on incorrect facts, partial information, etc. You can work a lifetime to build a reputation and have people with faulty information destroy it in a NY minute. I do believe the Forums should encourage genuine opinions, As someone I respect recently said, "we don't have to agree on everything or anything. What's important is only that principle and integrity always guide our actions."

Any thoughts on Doctor True/Dorin?
    I go in with Doctor True next week.
    And I want to know for sure that they have good morals where these surgeries are concerned.