If you could go to any doctor in New York area for a HT who would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JudeL
    • Feb 2011

If you could go to any doctor in New York area for a HT who would you pick?

Hello everyone, hoping on setting up a consultation for HT, I've been on this forum and others searching for who the best in my area is but I am still undecided so I thought why not just ask abruptly who everyone feels is the best!
    SO, if you could go to any doctor in the New York, of course based on reputation and the quality of his/her work, who would it be ?
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

One vote here for Dr. Feller.

Comment

• JudeL
      • Feb 2011

only one reply?!!? come on guys...

PS thanks for the input!

Comment

• chrisdav
        • Oct 2011

Dr Feller no doubt

Comment

• chrisdav
          • Oct 2011

I am at 4 days post op from my surgery with Dr Feller and i am extremely happy.

Comment

• JudeL
            • Feb 2011

I find it so odd that so many times people who claim to have had surgeries by Dr. Feller have single digit posts... I may be wrong, but I've encountered this at least 6 times now lol. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's a weird occurrence.
            I also don't like how Dr. Feller's bio on his website doesn't tell me much about his schooling and where he trained afterwards..

"Dr. Alan S. Feller was born, raised, attended medical school, and practices at his New York Hair Transplant Clinic"

by that statement I'm assuming he was brought up and lived in his Hair Transplant Clinic since birth? Is his Hair Transplant Clinic an accredited medical school? -obviously I'm joking, but what is sillier is that quote. That sentence is very ambiguous .

Comment

• chrisdav
              • Oct 2011

The reason why i have only four posts is because i only joined the site yesterday, but have been browsing the site for months to aid my choice in hair restoration surgeon.
              I cannot comment on other members as i don't know any.

Four days post surgery

Comment

• JudeL
                • Feb 2011

well can you or anyone comment on his medical schooling/training? or why he is unable to prescribe finasteride but other hair consultants I went to offered to write me a prescription?

Comment

• UKresponder
                  • Feb 2011

who to pick

Hello JudeL,

Dr Feller is one if the best hair transplant surgeon out there. one line answers don't mean nothing, if anything that's all you need to know. A reputation in this cut throat industry is not built overnight, but through hundreds and hundreds of successful and consistant results.

Dr Felller is ethical, realistic and will only give you the best quality work, minimal scaring and a high yeild of grafts that actually grow where they are supposed to.

I had my first HT last year, great result and I am going back in December without hesitation for my crown and hairline.

You can go round in circles looking and comparing different clinics and the like
                  but the evidence and mass of successful HT's with DR Feller should be enough to satisfy your rationale on who to use. Try the other forums for more mass of Dr Feller patients.

best,

UKR

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by JudeL
                    I find it so odd that so many times people who claim to have had surgeries by Dr. Feller have single digit posts... I may be wrong, but I've encountered this at least 6 times now lol. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's a weird occurrence.
                    I also don't like how Dr. Feller's bio on his website doesn't tell me much about his schooling and where he trained afterwards..

"Dr. Alan S. Feller was born, raised, attended medical school, and practices at his New York Hair Transplant Clinic"

by that statement I'm assuming he was brought up and lived in his Hair Transplant Clinic since birth? Is his Hair Transplant Clinic an accredited medical school? -obviously I'm joking, but what is sillier is that quote. That sentence is very ambiguous .
                    I thought I either read or saw an interview where it said that Dr. Feller had an academic background in mechanical engineering (I might be wrong) before he went to medical school. I think that's one element of the equation as to why he's so knowledgeable about the mechanics behind FUE (torsion, dissection etc) and why he has his own patented tool.

Comment

• pvtpoint2010
                      • Jun 2010

Ask Feller's office to give you a referral list,,,,,.........Good luck with that!

I've heard mixed reviews about him and his work....

Though no doubt he is well advertised i personally still want to get together with at least 2 of his local patients for an in person inspection.......... ...........I did however talk to about 6 people after going crazy on 4 different sites to contact a few (Contacted about 20) ........3 were just ok with his work 2 hated it and 1 loved it....

only 2 were local guys...........still trying to get together......my Feller research has been going on for over a year now......

Don't understand why His office doesn't give open houses, referrals or patient lists.....This alone it turning me off to him...

You may also want to look into Dr Dorian .....or True in NY .....The first doc in my opinion may be a bit better ....

Comment

• Spex
                        Dr Representative
                        • Nov 2008

JudeL, I found your comment interesting and spoke to Dr Feller - he can prescribe propeica, but will not.

1. If he just wrote script out to people that called in or just turn up wanting a brief consult he would have a queue around the block for scripts.

2. He is not a family Doc and therefore doesn't know any medical history regarding patients who call in or meet him briefly so therefore would have the medical responsibility for prescribing the drug and due to very limited information on patients will not do it.

I hope this helps answer your question. He said go see him in person if you wish to discuss further your hairloss and hair restoration requirements and happy to help explain his medical credentials in person to you.

He suggests Speaking to your family Doc about getting a script as that is their responsibility to help you.

Have you met in person with Dr Feller for 1:1 consult? If not i would suggest it along with meeting other Docs in person to in NY suck as Dr Berstein, TD and any others you feel competent.

PVT,

Sorry you have found it hard to get in touch to meet patients. Often is the case patients tend to just get on with their lives. Did you make contact with Riley?
                        I will endeavour to get you in touch with a few more but people are very limited in their contact once they have what they want from you, such is life. I might be in NYC early in the new year and more than happy to meet up for a beer mate so will let you know if this is any use to you?

I know you are a repair patient and repair patients tend to be very difficult to truly satisfy despite any Docs best efforts and i know of a couple repair patients who have had previous inappropriate multiple surgeries who DrFeller was unable to satisfy, and i doubt anyone could have.Its often the case in my experience.

We used to do big showcases and one of the first clinics to offer this event and done them in NY and London where many patients turned up to be inspected and you can find the old topics via a quick search.

We haven't done one for a while despite them being great events and attended by many - they are in actual fact incredibly time consuming to organise believe it or not and since then the patient testimonials and pictures that have since gone up by patients themselves have not given reason to organise one however you will find we are possibly the only clinic to have conducted such large showcases previously in order to try help patients and perspective ones.

Maybe we will sometime soon if i can get the time. If so i will let you know as i know you are very keen to meet patients and specifically repair ones.

Out of interest how did your ACELL /Hair plucking repair go as ive not seen anything of it since your initial postings can you link me through to the results?

Best of luck
                        S
                        Last edited by Spex; 10-22-2011, 11:45 PM.
                        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• gillenator
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JudeL
                          well can you or anyone comment on his medical schooling/training? or why he is unable to prescribe finasteride but other hair consultants I went to offered to write me a prescription?
                          I have heard of this ever since Propecia was released for consumption. Sales consultants cannot and should not be offering prescritions for any drug to patients or the public. That is highly illegal. Only a licensed physician can do that. I have even heard of consultants having pads of pre-signed scripts to give out whereby the consultant would just fill in the person's name. That too is illegal.
                          "Gillenator"
                          Independent Patient Advocate
                          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• JudeL
                            • Feb 2011

thanks for the reply spex... still something shady going on I'll figure it out alright!

Comment

• TheFirst17
                              • Oct 2011

What about Dr. True/Dorin?
                              Anyone have any experience with those doctors from New York?

Comment

Working...