+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default bald spot starting?

These pics were taken about 10-15 mins after i showered but i dried my hair pretty much.

I dont know if I am starting to bald there or what cause i have a mirror that looks behind and above my head and it seems normal but then in pictures under the light it looks bad. what do you guys think? btw if more pics or different pictures are needed let me know. im freaking out!!!!

here are the pics directly under light;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamilton 2-20111019-00017.jpg

Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	11951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamilton 2-20111019-00016.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	11952  

i think u are

A couple of things...

You need to get some help taking these pics. If you are going to try keeping an eye on it, you will need much more consistent pics - and much better pics. You want to keep everything as much the same as possible. Same camera, same back ground, same color shirt, same lighting, same hair cut and same poses. Limit variation to the absolute minimum possible... Consistancy consistancy consistancy. Take these pics every other month for a year.

During that year, start using Nizoral A-D shampoo as directed on the bottle. Check to see if you are a good candidate for low level laser therapy and if you are, consider getting a laser comb - and use that as directed. Maybe look into taking a quality Saw Palmetto Complex and take that as directed. I don't know if that supplement will actually help or not - but I keep reading about it in different places so maybe there is something to it.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair.../saw-palmetto/

If at the end of the year you feel your crown (vertex) has thinned out some more, start using Minoxidil and talk to your doctor about Propecia (or generic 1.25mg Finasteride).

Often people start to panic because they see the top of their head or crown in bright lighting for the first time (or in the case of the crown they weren't used to seeing it at all). I do think you might have some slight thinning though. There seems to be a slight loss in density around the 'whorl'.

You would've mentioned if your hairline was receding, right?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    A couple of things...

You need to get some help taking these pics. If you are going to try keeping an eye on it, you will need much more consistent pics - and much better pics. You want to keep everything as much the same as possible. Same camera, same back ground, same color shirt, same lighting, same hair cut and same poses. Limit variation to the absolute minimum possible... Consistancy consistancy consistancy. Take these pics every other month for a year.

During that year, start using Nizoral A-D shampoo as directed on the bottle. Check to see if you are a good candidate for low level laser therapy and if you are, consider getting a laser comb - and use that as directed. Maybe look into taking a quality Saw Palmetto Complex and take that as directed. I don't know if that supplement will actually help or not - but I keep reading about it in different places so maybe there is something to it.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair.../saw-palmetto/

If at the end of the year you feel your crown (vertex) has thinned out some more, start using Minoxidil and talk to your doctor about Propecia (or generic 1.25mg Finasteride).
    Will do, but Im already taking saw palmetto twice per day and have been for a month now. What is low level laser therapy? Im willing to try it if it can keep the thickness of the sworl there.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Often people start to panic because they see the top of their head or crown in bright lighting for the first time (or in the case of the crown they weren't used to seeing it at all). I do think you might have some slight thinning though. There seems to be a slight loss in density around the 'whorl'.

You would've mentioned if your hairline was receding, right?
    Considering these pics were also taken in bright light it makes it look worse but even in general i do think its very early stages of thinning at the top a bit and the sworl part ofcourse too.

My hairline was receeding a tiny bit, could just have gone into a mature hairline though. My hairline is all good for now, then this swirl thinning comes up...

Right now im taking saw palmetto 2x per day, and putting coconut oil and emu oil on my scalp over night and using nizoral 2 percent three times per week. ive been doing those 4 things for a month now since mid september.

Im just very confused because in regular lighting looking at the back of my hair through a mirror it looks like a relativly normal swirl and even two weeks ago i got my haircut and my hairdresser of 5 years thinks everything is normal and that im not balding. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    What is low level laser therapy? Im willing to try it if it can keep the thickness of the sworl there.
    http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...laser-therapy/

About four years ago, my primary care doctor at the time told me about it when I first asked about treating my hair loss. I've been using a laser comb ever since. I don't know if it made any hair grow back but I do know that it made the hair I have stronger and look better. I definitely saw improvement within the first four to six months. Low level laser therapy does not work for everyone though. The only way to find out if it will work for you is to make sure you are a good candidate and try it. So make sure you are a good candidate for low level laser therapy before you buy a laser comb. It is expensive, though they do have a less expensive version now... Just so you know, I was not a good candidate but I was not a bad candidate either. I bought one anyway and I am very glad I did.

Considering these pics were also taken in bright light it makes it look worse but even in general i do think its very early stages of thinning at the top a bit and the sworl part ofcourse too.
    My hair restoration doctor takes my clinical photos in very bright light. That way he can more clearly see if I am improving. The poses are:

Looking stright ahead.

Looking down a bit - enough to show the top of my head.

Looking down to the left a bit (about 45 degrees).

Looking down to the right a bit (about 45 degrees).

From behind while I am looking straight up.

My sister helps me take my own photos every two months using these same poses.

Right now im taking saw palmetto 2x per day, and putting coconut oil and emu oil on my scalp over night and using nizoral 2 percent three times per week.
    You are using Nizoral too often, especially considering you are using the 2%. Once per week is plenty when you have the 2% formula.

I've never read anything about the oils you are using. I have read that Aloe Vera gel with vitamin E is supposed to be helpful - but you don't leave it in over night. You leave it in for a while then rinse it out.

What I have read about Saw Palmetto is that it should be in a complex form. Not straight Saw Palmetto. This is a link from Nature's Bounty. I've only used this link because I am familiar with the brand. I do not use the product. The supposed benefit does not apply to me. I am quite sure any other band with the same ingredients will do the same thing - if this stuff does anything at all.

http://www.naturesbounty.com/PRODUCT/006052

Ingredients PDF:

http://www.naturesbounty.com/VF/LABELS/L006052-NB.PDF

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...laser-therapy/

About four years ago, my primary care doctor at the time told me about it when I first asked about treating my hair loss. I've been using a laser comb ever since. I don't know if it made any hair grow back but I do know that it made the hair I have stronger and look better. I definitely saw improvement within the first four to six months. Low level laser therapy does not work for everyone though. The only way to find out if it will work for you is to make sure you are a good candidate and try it. So make sure you are a good candidate for low level laser therapy before you buy a laser comb. It is expensive, though they do have a less expensive version now... Just so you know, I was not a good candidate but I was not a bad candidate either. I bought one anyway and I am very glad I did.

My hair restoration doctor takes my clinical photos in very bright light. That way he can more clearly see if I am improving. The poses are:

Looking stright ahead.

Looking down a bit - enough to show the top of my head.

Looking down to the left a bit (about 45 degrees).

Looking down to the right a bit (about 45 degrees).

From behind while I am looking straight up.

My sister helps me take my own photos every two months using these same poses.

You are using Nizoral too often, especially considering you are using the 2%. Once per week is plenty when you have the 2% formula.

I've never read anything about the oils you are using. I have read that Aloe Vera gel with vitamin E is supposed to be helpful - but you don't leave it in over night. You leave it in for a while then rinse it out.

What I have read about Saw Palmetto is that it should be in a complex form. Not straight Saw Palmetto. This is a link from Nature's Bounty. I've only used this link because I am familiar with the brand. I do not use the product. The supposed benefit does not apply to me. I am quite sure any other band with the same ingredients will do the same thing - if this stuff does anything at all.

http://www.naturesbounty.com/PRODUCT/006052

Ingredients PDF:

http://www.naturesbounty.com/VF/LABELS/L006052-NB.PDF
    I just saw a hair clinic place today they recommend the laser comb too as well as laser work for my scalp to help thicken and fix damaged hair. I dont know how familair you are with this but is the laser stuff legit? He showed me before and after pictures with his patients and it looked good and said after my treatment i wont start balding again for another 10-15 years (cause obviously it wont be permanent).

Anyone here have experience with this laser stuff? I may try it even though its around $2500

Anyone here have experience with this laser stuff? I may try it even though its around $2500
    You quoted my whole post - but did you follow any of those links I provided for you and read the information?

$2,500.00 is a lot of money. Low Level Laser Therapy isn't something that you "finish" after so much time. It's like Rogaine and Propecia in that you need to keep using it to maintain any benefits gained. I've never used one of those hood systems. I've only used the laser comb. Back when I bought my laser comb it was around $500.00. They have a less expensive model now.

Low Level Laser Therapy is a legitimate treatment for hair loss but it doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone is a good candidate for Low Level Laser Therapy. Before you give $2,500.00 to this clinic, consider buying a laser comb on your own and try it out to see if you respond to Low Level Laser Therapy. They have a 20 week money back guarantee. That is plenty of time to determine if Low Level Laser Therapy will work for you. If it doesn't work for you, send the laser comb back for a refund - and you've just saved yourself from spending an additional $2,500.00.

What do you get for that $2,500.00? Is the "hair clinic" you went to legit? What is the name of the doctor who runs the clinic?

Yep - get on finasteride.

You quoted my whole post - but did you follow any of those links I provided for you and read the information?

$2,500.00 is a lot of money. Low Level Laser Therapy isn't something that you "finish" after so much time. It's like Rogaine and Propecia in that you need to keep using it to maintain any benefits gained. I've never used one of those hood systems. I've only used the laser comb. Back when I bought my laser comb it was around $500.00. They have a less expensive model now.

Low Level Laser Therapy is a legitimate treatment for hair loss but it doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone is a good candidate for Low Level Laser Therapy. Before you give $2,500.00 to this clinic, consider buying a laser comb on your own and try it out to see if you respond to Low Level Laser Therapy. They have a 20 week money back guarantee. That is plenty of time to determine if Low Level Laser Therapy will work for you. If it doesn't work for you, send the laser comb back for a refund - and you've just saved yourself from spending an additional $2,500.00.

What do you get for that $2,500.00? Is the "hair clinic" you went to legit? What is the name of the doctor who runs the clinic?
    Yeah I read the information. Here is the website of the place I checked out;

http://advantagelaserclinic.com/

I would be doing a 12 month program. The doctor I spoke with basically told me that it starts off coming in 3 times per week then once a week then later just once a month. You mentioned that its not something you can just stop however after I year and that I have to keep going to maintain? The doctor said after the treatments for a year i shouldnt start balding again for 10ish years but he could be lying there.

I am going back tomorrow or i will just call them to discuss refunds and stuff like that. I feel the place I went to is legit, the doctor seemed a bit pushy though. The place is located in Yorkville in Toronto so the company definetly has money, only the richest shop and dine in that area so I would assume the doctors there are good.

Other then the low level laser I do not think the other alternatives are good. Im 20 years old, i dont want to start taking drugs so stop the hair loss i want some regrowth. I have enough money to do this but as you said I have to make sure its a legit place and I feel it is. Of course i am going to look for other places in toronto to compare prices as well.

I just feel desperate you know i need to do something asap so i dont lose more hair