Threaded View

Angry Propecia accelerates frontal loss?

Im very upset at the moment. Im 26 years of age, always had a full thick head of hair. Recently, I even posted pictures of my NW1 hairline with thick dense hair. However, It seems that while propecia has slowed stopped loss in the vertex, it has killed my hairline, which I REPEAT, was NEVER a problem to begin with!

I discovered my hair loss last november after a fungal infection thinned out my crown compared to the rest of my scalp, but seeing as how i do have some MPB in the family, my derm started me on propecia to prevent matters from getting worse. Ive been on proscar/propecia for 9 months now. 3 weeks ago, I checked my hairline and it was still a NW1. However, 2 weeks ago my hairline started to resemble a NW2..and it was going fast! Im talking about thick hairs, literally falling off the hairline. I was forced to shave my head, and now as its growing back, I can see the thinning where its starting to shape a NW2 hairline.

Can someone clear this up please? So this means that propecia does nothing to maintain or slow down frontal loss, except it only makes you lose hair at an abnormal rate in the hairline? Am I correct? So how is propecia maintaining your hair count when it does nothing for the front, except accelerates the loss due to raised testosterone levels?

After discovering this, i researched on the internet and it seems like alot of people had there hairlines destroyed by taking propecia. If thats the case, Im getting off this useless drug that only maintains your vertex hair, but destroys your hairline at a fast rate. To my understanding, the hairline is more sensitive to testosterone (which propecia raises) and less sensitive to DHT which propecia reduces.

So much for taking this drug, I would have been better off without it. I rather keep my frontal hairline, my slight crown thinning wasnt that big of a deal anyway. You literally had to examine it in the bright lights to even see that its not as thick as the rest of the hair. Looks like I made a mistake. Now I have to explain to the rest of the world that sees me on a daily basis how I went bald overnight.