+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 yo's 4 Month Progress w/ Propecia

Hey everyone, I thought I'd share my progress. I started balding senior year of high school, and it wasn't until my first couple years in college that it really became noticeable and bothered me. I started my regimen of Rogaine and Propecia this summer, but towards the beginning of the semester I couldn't keep up with the twice a day application. Popping one little pill every morning has been a hell of a ton more convenient.

My before pictures (1st attachment) were took during my Bosley consultation on June 3, 2011. I was diagnosed to be at Norwood Class 5a.

My after pictures (2nd, 3rd, and 4th attachments) were taken today, after using Rogaine for ~2 months (and stopping) and Propecia for ~4 months (which I'm still taking).

Something to keep in mind, my hair was really long in the before pictures which really accentuates my hairs' thinning. On the other hand, the after pictures were taken today, and I had my hair cut yesterday.

I know the difference isn't spectacular, but I definitely see a difference. It's also sort of motivated me to potentially start using Rogaine religiously again like I had during the summer. Idk what do you all think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforeHair.jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	11915   Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterHair1.jpg

Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	11916   Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterHair2.jpg

Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	11917   Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterHair3.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	11918  

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    Hey everyone, I thought I'd share my progress. I started balding senior year of high school, and it wasn't until my first couple years in college that it really became noticeable and bothered me. I started my regimen of Rogaine and Propecia this summer, but towards the beginning of the semester I couldn't keep up with the twice a day application. Popping one little pill every morning has been a hell of a ton more convenient.

My before pictures (1st attachment) were took during my Bosley consultation on June 3, 2011. I was diagnosed to be at Norwood Class 5a.

My after pictures (2nd, 3rd, and 4th attachments) were taken today, after using Rogaine for ~2 months (and stopping) and Propecia for ~4 months (which I'm still taking).

Something to keep in mind, my hair was really long in the before pictures which really accentuates my hairs' thinning. On the other hand, the after pictures were taken today, and I had my hair cut yesterday.

I know the difference isn't spectacular, but I definitely see a difference. It's also sort of motivated me to potentially start using Rogaine religiously again like I had during the summer. Idk what do you all think?
    Looks great man, if you can keep it looking like that you're laughing. Can you give a little more details on the HT: FUE? Price? No. of grafts

Any side effects from the propecia?

I'll keep posting pictures of my progress as times goes on.

limit: Thanks man, but if you read my OP again, you'll notice that I never had a HT done. The progress posted is basically from ~ 4 months of using Propecia.

SBTRKT: Thankfully, I haven't had any noticeable side effects, at least nothing that I'm aware of. It might be interesting to consider that I've been taking prescribed amphetamines for my ADD, which when I first started taking (before I started taking Propecia) I noticed an increase in my libido. Are you taking Propecia? Do you know if the negative side effects of Propecia have been reported in long time users who initially didn't have any side effects? I'd like to think that I'm safe after four months, but the paranoid side of me still doesn't want to let my guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    I'll keep posting pictures of my progress as times goes on.

limit: Thanks man, but if you read my OP again, you'll notice that I never had a HT done. The progress posted is basically from ~ 4 months of using Propecia.

SBTRKT: Thankfully, I haven't had any noticeable side effects, at least nothing that I'm aware of. It might be interesting to consider that I've been taking prescribed amphetamines for my ADD, which when I first started taking (before I started taking Propecia) I noticed an increase in my libido. Are you taking Propecia? Do you know if the negative side effects of Propecia have been reported in long time users who initially didn't have any side effects? I'd like to think that I'm safe after four months, but the paranoid side of me still doesn't want to let my guard down.
    Warning: I gurantee you if you start looking into other people reported side effects you'll likely get them yourself from placebo. Best to not know and report any changes you notice to your doctor.
    Every time I read about a side effect I think I have a small dose of it - so I don't know if its real or in my head

Dude my situation is so similar to yours. My older bro was the first to tell me i was balding n i think that was like my sophmore year of college, I just finished my senior year, and it has definately gotten worse since then. it really blows balding this young I feel for you. Affected my life in so many ways. I have a similar baldness pattern as yours, but a little less thinning in the vertex and frontal region. I am little over 2 months into rogaine 5%. some days I feel like its working already, and then in some other situations I'm like shit maybe I need to get on fin. I'm pretty sure I'm ordering some fin this friday when I get paid. it def looks like you have seen decent results from fin, and that is good to see for you and to know for myself. Good luck man