Surgeons responses to gho's procedure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairTalk
    • Feb 2011

It's unsettling to see persons jump down the throats of doctors who simply choose not to lose their senses over one paper (n=5) published by a surgeon who many in the field believe has a history of embellishing claims. The fact is, there's not yet much evidence at all that in-vivo follicle-multiplication, through transection, works.

Why aren't more doctors "trying" it? Because you don't just try out stuff on patients without laying out a plan for research; and, research takes time, money, effort, and conviction, and it just is not for everyone. MOST clinicians do NOT engage in research — they (the good ones) simply model their practice after the most up-to-date, reliable information available. Yes, I hope Gho's idea works, and I want to see it investigated, but I sure as hell don't feel we've found the magic bullet and that surgeons should abandon what's been proved in favor of something behind which there right now lies very, very little documented support.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

You will definitely stay bald for the rest of your days.

This "argument" not scientifically proven is big pile of Bullshit, have you read the actual timeline of hair multiplication? No bet not because your paying clinic demands you not to do so.

They had seen donor regeneration in the past as well but not on a consistent base, which was the problem for many years even with Gho, in his first run he also failed and wondered why it works in some and dont in others.

Why am i argueing with people who use the same old statement anyway. We will see more and more proof anyhow in the near future, i hope that some mills will go down btw and i wont have any pity for them, and with vanishing clinics, hose shills will also vanish

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
        It's unsettling to see persons jump down the throats of doctors who simply choose not to lose their senses over one paper (n=5) published by a surgeon who many in the field believe has a history of embellishing claims. The fact is, there's not yet much evidence at all that in-vivo follicle-multiplication, through transection, works.

Why aren't more doctors "trying" it? Because you don't just try out stuff on patients without laying out a plan for research; and, research takes time, money, effort, and conviction, and it just is not for everyone. MOST clinicians do NOT engage in research — they (the good ones) simply model their practice after the most up-to-date, reliable information available. Yes, I hope Gho's idea works, and I want to see it investigated, but I sure as hell don't feel we've found the magic bullet and that surgeons should abandon what's been proved in favor of something behind which there right now lies very, very little documented support.

I bet we could find a similar comment on hair loss forums ten years ago when FUE came out

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
          I bet we could find a similar comment on hair loss forums ten years ago when FUE came out
          Probably. Now we can't say which way this is going to gho yet. See what I did there. But seriously Dr. Woods had to accept a lot of abuse from Dr. Rassman over FUE so I'm hoping that that is the case again but maybe it's not.

Comment

• HairTalk
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
            On the other side of your coin, I'd bet one could find a great deal of effusive support for innumerable bull-shit "breakthroughs," over the past several decades, in the field of hair-restoration.

I'm not saying Dr. Gho is wrong, but only that there's very little, if any, evidence, right now (Oct., 2011), that one would significantly expand donor supply by intentionally transecting hair follicles during transplantation surgery. Those who wish to research this possibility should, but it would be perverse for doctors to blindly imbibe transection into their clinical practices, at this time.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
              Inactive
              • Jan 2011

Bla bla yadda yadda LITTLE or no scientific stuff bla bla.

Guess what there are also almost zero studies on traditional hair transplants, but people do it anyways. Has it ever come to your bigot hippocrite mind why some surgeons dont have good yield rates?

Correct because there is no SCIENTIFIC ORIENTED standard. People like you, those ignorant paid off shill boys bring my piss to boil.

Yeah right nobody should investigate donor regeneration OF COURSE so that we can all run to clinics like your paying doc right? And never ask questions.

You are ignorant and a shill, funny how people like you always condemn progress with the exact same words lazy surgeons use. Funny and strange.

I help you old diminished brain here, in the pas no so long ago Dr Woods was attacked and he whole chorus was " FUE is never going o work" guess who was righ in he ende because of doing RESEARCH, jep exacly he FUE supporters because hey rather uses their brain instead of repeating bs like a parrot ( YOUR CASE HERE Miser Parrot)

Also you use Propecia, hmmm a drug which has not yet been fully SCIENTIFICALLY analysed. You are such an ignorant person

Comment

• krewel
                • Aug 2011

It's funny, I saw Wesley Sneijder playing soccer yesteray. He had a Gho Transplant and he looks fine (compared to his hair before). What do you want? You want the President to confirm it works? I'll ask him..

Comment

• Losing_It
                  • Jun 2011

If Gho's technique works he will vindicated and it will be adopted. If he has been bullshitting then he will be crucified.

Comment

• HairTalk
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Losing_It
                    If Gho's technique works he will vindicated and it will be adopted. If he has been bullshitting then he will be crucified.
                    Probably neither. If transection works to expand donor supply (significantly), it'll be adopted; if it doesn't, it won't be. Either way, I don't believe Gho will be regarded very differently from however he is, now. When one thinks of F.U.E., one doesn't tend often to bring into mind Dr. Woods; one just knows it's a technique that works pretty well and is practiced by lots of surgeons in the industry.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

Probably neither. If transection works to expand donor supply (significantly), it'll be adopted; if it doesn't, it won't be. Either way, I don't believe Gho will be regarded very differently from however he is, now. When one thinks of F.U.E., one doesn't tend often to bring into mind Dr. Woods; one just knows it's a technique that works pretty well and is practiced by lots of surgeons in the industry.
                      Dr. Woods doesn't come to mind because the industry made a mess of the whole thing, smeared his name, waited for Dr. Rassman to steal the technique and claim to be its pioneer. The whole scenario was horrible. If Gho's technique does in fact work I just hope Dr. Bernstein doesn't get all the credit for inventing the technique since he's investigating it at the moment. It would be the same bs all over again.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

On the other side of your coin, I'd bet one could find a great deal of effusive support for innumerable bull-shit "breakthroughs," over the past several decades, in the field of hair-restoration.

I'm not saying Dr. Gho is wrong, but only that there's very little, if any, evidence, right now (Oct., 2011), that one would significantly expand donor supply by intentionally transecting hair follicles during transplantation surgery. Those who wish to research this possibility should, but it would be perverse for doctors to blindly imbibe transection into their clinical practices, at this time.
                        I agree, I don't think doing anything blindly is a good idea.

However, not many doctors are even looking into the procedure and some seem to be deliberately avoiding looking into it.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2011

And this speaks volumes.

Oh btw are there any scientific studies about scalp reductions or scalp tattoos? Nope none existing and guess what they do it anyways, strange world right.

People are itchy and ignoring things when it is a viable solution to hair loss, but they vividly talk about TRX2 scam and stopping masturbation for a hair loss stop.

Seriously sometimes i can really understand why there is still no magic pill against hair loss, because who wants to offer something like that when baldies would nver appreciate it anyway

Comment

• krewel
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                            ......stopping masturbation for a hair loss stop.
                            Are there really guys who stop mastrubating? I always thought this was a joke.. hahahahahaahahahaha.. thats nonsense

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2011

No joke people are. Just search here for Baldness cured and you will see it. Its started by thie guy Researchneverfails.

Right now they are going the christian way seriously with condoms and gay sex, its no lie.

Comment

Working...