+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Does anybody know if Gho does graft counts that include the number of hairs per graft. For instance;

3000 1s
    2000 2s
    700 3s
    90 4s

I ask because I'm curious as to whether or not the FUE tool that he uses is more likely to only produce 1s because of the diamator of his tool.

Inactive

I cant give you an answer to that because i simply dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Does anybody know if Gho does graft counts that include the number of hairs per graft. For instance;

3000 1s
    2000 2s
    700 3s
    90 4s

I ask because I'm curious as to whether or not the FUE tool that he uses is more likely to only produce 1s because of the diamator of his tool.
    I have the same concern. With HST you can't transplant a 3 haired follicle unless you transect a 4 which are few and far between. Likewise with 3s they probably transect and transplant 2 with hopefully 3 growing back in the donor. I'd imagine it's predominantly 1s and 2s. It is a legimate concern.

If they are really getting these regeneration rates I wouldn't worry so much because you can go back in and put a 2 hair FU right beside another 2 hair FU. If it really works (we need to give it time, we'll know one way or another in 18months - 24months when the rich people want to go back for a third time) Europeans should go to Feriduni for a nice hairline and forelock for 2000 FUE then fill up the rest over time with HST. 2000 FUE, 9 months later 2300 HST, 9 months later 2300HST, repeat a couple more times, etc etc. That would be the dream.

More replies:

Dr cole: October 17, 2011
    Hello
    ************Thank you for taking the time to contact our office and Dr. Cole in regards to your questions and concerns for your hair loss and information about procedures.* My name is Bob and I am one of the Patient Coordinators here at IHTI. Dr. Cole does not do this procedure. Please feel free to contact our office at 678-566-1011 any time between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:00pm est. to speak with one of our patient consultants about any of the questions you may have regarding a hair restoration procedure. Please visit our website and click on the virtual consult tab so that we can start the process of getting you a recommendation and schedule a procedure. We can answer any of the questions you have over the phone as well as on line through the virtual consult link on our web site.
    To begin the process of a virtual consultation, please see the link below.**Dr. Cole will need to see sharp photos with your hair wet and combed back with shots of the front, top, back and sides… all the scars and any body hair i.e. chest, back or legs…* mark up or draw in the areas you would like to treat.*** **Please be sure that you explain very clearly as to what your goals, expectations and concerns are if you choose to complete a virtual consultation so that Dr. Cole can provide you with the best and most accurate feedback and recommendations. *Once Dr. Cole has been able to review your photos that you send to us, if you would like to proceed with scheduling a procedure appointment, we will be able to move forward with doing so at that time.
    We have patient consultants in office Monday through Friday 8:00 am EST – 7:00 pm EST to assist you in any way needed.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Bob
    If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Thank You,
    Bob Otto
    patient services
    International Hair Transplant Institute

Dr rahal:

Thank you for your interest in our hair restoration services. My name is Tara. I’m a Senior Counselor at Rahal Hair Transplant Institute.
    For more than 16 years, Dr. Rahal, our counselors and medical staff have helped people from all over the world address their hair loss and achieve a fuller, thicker head of hair.
    I would like to answer your general questions about hair loss or hair restoration. And if you like, schedule a no-obligation private consultation with Dr. Rahal.
    There are a lot of treatments available to you! It’s my job is to help you understand all of them.
    I’m happy to give you a call. What telephone number is best to reach you?
    You can also call me now at 613-739-3044.
    We currently do not offer the technique you were inquiring about, but I would be happy to answer any questions you have.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Best regards,
    Tara Portt
    Patient Advisor - Ottawa

Dr Harris:

I have reviewed his work and definitely will not be offering anything like it as there are no scientific studies showing that it is valid.
    Sincerely,
    James A. Harris, MD, FACS
    Medical Director
    Hair Sciences Center of Colorado

Tbh I'm kind of disappointed most by the reply from Dr Coles clinic just because I felt he has the closest technique to gho due to his minimal depth FUE and Acell giving 54% regeneration in donor sites.

Quote Originally Posted by splitting hairs View Post
    Tbh I'm kind of disappointed most by the reply from Dr Coles clinic just because I felt he has the closest technique to gho due to his minimal depth FUE and Acell giving 54% regeneration in donor sites.
    He does comment on it somewhat in the Acell thread in one of the other sub forums. If I recall correctly he said something along the lines of it probably works to some extent but he cannot quantify that or comment on the it's level of effectiveness and/or consistency. I think he believes it may have some merit due to what he's seeing with his own FUE Acell studies. He's definitely one of the good guys with an open mind to innovative ideas in the field.

I don't understand why all the doctors say there is no scientific evidence. All this is a mess. It's hard to believe that all these surgeons would be lying. Why would they not want to offer this, if it's real?

They're right, there aren't any scientific studies! But the theory is there and the evidence so far shows promise! We can only get a scientific study if someone bothers to do one!! But they take time and cost money, so ultimately every surgeon just waits to see what happens!

They're right, there aren't any scientific studies! But the theory is there and the evidence so far shows promise! We can only get a scientific study if someone bothers to do one!! But they take time and cost money, so ultimately every surgeon just waits to see what happens!
    That's it really. It's too early to pass judgement. What does worry me is I have yet to really see numerous multis regrowing in the donor and why is Dean Saunders new hairline a nw 2.5/3 if he can get vastly expanded donor via HST? Only really impressive result is Sneijder's. They really seem to have hit it out of the park with that one.

True but I figured Gho would have this evidence.