Threaded View

Thumbs up Best way to style your hair while treating hair loss

So while I am using my treatments (propecia/rogaine) I have a daily routine that I have found makes what hair I have look 100 times better. I just wanted to share it with those of you who may have thinning hair and want to know how to make it look better daily while you are treating it.

First, use a shampoo that doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate. I use burts bees and it works great. SLS can attribute to hair loss or thinning hair. Granted, it is probably a minimal effect, but in our situation we cant take any chances. Any organic or natural shampoo or medicated shampoo is a good call. Avoid cheap products like herbal essences or suave. These are LOADED with acid and other harmful chemicals.

After you shower and apply your rogaine, let it dry and then use bumble and bumble thickening spray. Like most volume enhancing sprays or shampoos, it works best when you blowdry it. Volumizing products are best used with heat. Rogaine.com states that blow-drying does NOT work against rogaine. Just let it dry as much as possible and use your hair dryer on a low setting. I have used many products, but bumble and bumble + hairdryer is the best by far.

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/produ...PRODUCT_ID=224

after that, I use an aveda pomade. I use it around my hairline and part to reduce fly aways and to help my hairline look more consistent and less thinning.

http://www.aveda.com/product/5310/16...eam/index.tmpl

I am an anal guy when it comes to my hair, and the daily struggle to make it look presentable and to minimize the look of my thinning. I hope this can help anyone.