+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It is more difficult to get the medicine down to your scalp with long hair when using the foam. However, the foam is more stealthy. That's why I use it for my morning dose.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    Maybe it just me but I really don't understand as I don't know how you are styling your hair, what look you are going for. Spiky, fringe..? Do you have a photo?

I have stayed away from hairspray because it makes the hair hard and worries me that you have to wash it out every night and due to the pulling could increase hair loss?

Also, how do you find your hair after applying rogaine? Some days it can be hard to style and the greasiness shows the scalp. My hair looks way thicker when I don't wash it (atm I am washing it 2-3 times a week).

What do you look for in gel and wax? I heard something about making sure you use water soluble product. I am using American Crew Fiber at the moment but again I am scared to put too much in as it is sticky and I don't want to pull out hairs
    I pull out so much hair at the end of the day when I've put wax in it. It's frightening. But I really don't have much choice cos after I've washed my hair it looks so ridiculous, very thin and susceptible to the wind. I need the wax for it to look decent but then I can tell it's weakening my hair. I'm just hoping that by using Proscar, that hair that I'm pulling out is growing back.

Quote Originally Posted by kanyon View Post
    I pull out so much hair at the end of the day when I've put wax in it.
    Maybe you should consider other ways to style your hair. Something much less potentially harmful. Personally, I would never put wax in my hair - but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Maybe you should consider other ways to style your hair. Something much less potentially harmful. Personally, I would never put wax in my hair - but that's just me.
    What do you use to style your hiar?

I don't think wax would cause or exacerbate hair loss. Kanyon, the hair pulled out with the wax would likely have fallen in the shower or on the pillow anyway.

What counts is that the proscar is maintaining and hopefully thickening your hair.