+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Well, it's been almost 4 months and so far, nothing. (I haven't visited the doc yet, been busy...)

At least twice in the last 2 weeks when I have had an itch where some of the transplants were put, I ended up feeling a little bump and when I checked what it was, it looked like a dried follicle because both times, there was a quarter inch piece of hair attached along with the bump and the bump was sort of a skinny and long piece of skin.

Another concern I have is that I took a bunch of pics the days after the transplant and started counting the number of implants and while I haven't finished, from what I have counted and from what areas I have left, I can't see where I got anywhere near the number of implants I was told I got. It looks like I got about 60% of what was said to me.

What happens if I count the implants and the number is way less than what I paid for and what I was told I got? Is it time to get a lawyer?
    I'm not sure who your doctor was but was he a good doctor ? I've heard of people getting less grafts than what they paid for. I don't know if it's even possible to count the number of grafts you had. If it is, I don't see why you can't sue.
    By the 4th month you should see some growth but as you might know it can take up to a year to see full growth but again at least some new hairs should be seen by the 4th month.

Kramer, 1 week till I hit the 4 month mark. A few things a worth notingplease bear in mind that I'm no doctor, just another HT customer with my knowledge based on internet research and discussions with the clinic at which I had my procedure), Everyone is different when it comes to this stuff which is why they don't give you fixed timescales as to results on these procedures. Hair grows in cycles (2 month approx), these cycles are split between growth and dormant i.e. at any one time you will have follicles in either of these states (this is why women get their "ends" done due to hair growing at different speeds). If the donor strip was taken from an area which has just begun a dormant phase of growth during the procedure, then once the 3/4 month "shock" period comes to an end the hair will then awaken straight back into the dormant phase once more giving you somewhere in the region of another 2 months before it will begin to grow.

As regards to whether you received the number of grafts you paid for, I would think (at this point of your recovery) that you should simply put faith in the research you carried out on the organisation which carried out you procedure. Personally I don't believe seeking legal representation would be a wise choice right now as you'll pay a fortune to be told that you have at least 8 months left before any 'legal' decision could be agreed as to the success/failure of your procedure.

The bumps and dried skin are something we share in common as I'm experiencing the same thing at present, mostly on the peak of my crown. The little white bits of skin (with the graft size hairs inserted) are apparently just another part of the shedding process and if you go by the word of my surgeon, not the loss of transplanted grafts. If we were losing grafts they would bleed. I view the bumps as my located warriors fighting there way to the surface ready to grow thick and strong and as for the bits of dry skin with the hairs well, they are simply hairs which have broken beneath the surface forced up and out by the power of new growth.

I'm sorry to repeat myself from before but I truly believe that patience is the best course of action for you right now. Book an appointment with your HT provider for peace of mind, but I have read many reports of people showing no growth at up to 8 months (poor sods) and don't think your problems are uncommon at all.

Finally, I'm unsure as to whether it would be possible for 'you' to actually count the number of grafts transplanted due to the varying number of hairs each graft contains. My advice would be to hold off for another 8-10 weeks, if following that you have still seen no growth from your procedure I would contact the HT company you couldn't afford to use and request a consultation with their senior surgeon as a second opinion.

Possible graft rejection rates for these procedures are somewhere in the region of 2-3% (so I was told).

Chin up, hang in there, the day will come for us all.