+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi :)

Default Hi :)

Hello, Everyone I'm 21 years old . I started losing my hair at the age of 17 . Right now the situation is not that bad but because of thin hair I wear cap all the time . I'm depressed most of the time because of this. So I was thinking of hair transplant . So, just want to know if it's safe for my age to go under such treatment and will there be any side effects on my existing hair ?

At your young age, a hair transplant is probably not indicated. If you are being honest with yourself and the rest of us, your thinning is pretty recent. Since you caught it early in life, you stand a very good chance of resolving the thinning with less intrusive treatments. If I were a young male such as yourself, that is what I would do. Give it at least a year to determine if treatment is working for you.

There are only a few treatments that are proven to work (for most people). None of them work for everyone. One of those treatments requires a prescription from your doctor. If you are male (I assume you are), talk to your doctor about Propecia (or generic Finasteride).

The non-prescription treatments you can try are Nizoral A-D shampoo, Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) and the laser comb. Make sure you read, understand and follow the directions provided with each treatment. I am going to write about them in their order of "intrusiveness".

Start with Nizoral A-D shampoo as directed for the first four months, then re-evaluate yourself. If you feel you are not gaining from that, get a laser comb and use it as directed while still using Nizoral A-D shampoo as directed for the next four months, then re-evaluate yourself again. If you feel you are still not gaining from that, add Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) to the regimen - and continue using Nizoral A-D shampoo and the laser comb as directed.

The laser comb does not work for everyone. The company has a 20 week money back guarantee. This is plenty long enough to determine if LLLT will work for you. So if after four months of proper use you feel it is not doing anything for you, process a refund claim - but continue on with the other treatments. If the laser comb does work for you, you will know in about four months of proper use. You will not know how well it is working for you until you have used it properly for a full year.

Liquid Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is kind of messy, so you can use the more expensive foam in the morning to make grooming easier, and then use the less expensive generic liquid Minoxidil at night. It typically takes between four and six months of proper use before you know if Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is working for you. It takes at least a full year of proper use before you will know how well it is working for you.

Recently, due to comments I've read in this forum, I've been searching and reading about possible non-prescription alternatives to Propecia (or generic Finasteride). One thing that keeps coming up is a Saw Palmetto complex (not straight Saw Palmetto). I don't know if it does any good and since this does not apply to me, I can't try it for myself. If you decide to give it a whirl in place of Propecia, I would be interested to know what you think after using it as directed for a year. Nature's Bounty makes one. I also found many non-name brand variations of the same supplement.