+ Reply to Thread

Default Question re. Propecia Persistence Coupon

Hi everyone,

I was pointed to this site by a friend and have been browsing around for a couple hours and I'm already impressed (first post!). Anyways, I just got a prescription for Propecia and would like to start next week. I have a question about the $60 off Persistence Program...my doctor gave me a 30 day prescription with 5 refills. Does anyone know if the coupon will work, or should I call my doctor and have him re-write one for the 90 day? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

hey just had the exact same thing happen to me, heres the deal. My doc would only give me a 30 day to start, so i could see if i had any side effects. Bad news, the coupon wont work on a 30 day prescription. However, when i got my second prescription I told the doc to give me 90 days and then went to the pharm and it worked. As long as you have been using propecia for less the 90 days you can enroll in the program, so you may want to take it for 30 see how you respond and then use it when you refill.

Very good to know, thanks for the info!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by heynow1234 View Post
    hey just had the exact same thing happen to me, heres the deal. My doc would only give me a 30 day to start, so i could see if i had any side effects. Bad news, the coupon wont work on a 30 day prescription. However, when i got my second prescription I told the doc to give me 90 days and then went to the pharm and it worked. As long as you have been using propecia for less the 90 days you can enroll in the program, so you may want to take it for 30 see how you respond and then use it when you refill.
    That’s a good approach.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

I actually just got back from the Pharmacy with that plan in mind, but got lucky. I gave them the coupon with the prescription and pretended to know what I was talking about, and they gave me the 90 day with $60 off! It may have been their mistake, but my benefit. I'll be sure to monitor after 30 regardless and I'll be going in for blood work too, but this saves money and paper work. Thanks!