+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proscar

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Most doctors suggest that you begin with daily treatment for the first month. This will ensure that your DHT levels are significantly lowered. Since it takes about 14 days for DHT levels to return to where they were before the start of treatment, it is thought that you can maintain your DHT levels with intermittent treatment. Either every other day or every third day.

It's going to be difficult to cut Proscar into 1/8ths. You might want to begin treatment with Propecia.
    Indeed! I can easily do that and now that you mention the first-month vs. duration of the treatment difference (which certainly makes sense) I'll certainly do that, greatly increased cost notwithstanding-- but only for a month or so, so who cares, obviously.

I'm assuming after that I'll try and gauge how much-- if any-- of the previously -experienced side-affects I have an then do either a half a a proscar every other day, or a quarter every other day, etc.

Great to know that down the line even every third day is OK, as I'm hoping maybe even a half a 5mg every 3rd day would be enough for me to "lock in" what I have but -not- experience the rather unfortunate and pronounced side-affects that I've had in the past.
    I really want to be taking as little as possible in light of that experience but still prevent any more loss, hopefully there is an easily-achievable balance.