+ Reply to Thread

Default Procerin - Any good?

Over the last year I've started to slowly recede at the temples. I've tried propecia for a while but it was giving me the side effects that were associated with the drug.

I just wondered if anyone has tried 'Procerin' before instead, and have seen any positive results ?

I've seen some good reviews but still don't know whether its worth trying!

Charlie

I will be honest, I had to look it up to find out what Procerin is... After reading the product descriptions and ingredients, I think you would be wasting your money. A one month supply of Procerin is a whopping $50.00 - for a "treatment" that has no official proof.

I just did another search to see if I can come up with something comparable to Procerin for less money from a reasonably reliable brand name. Still no proof - but least it's from a household name. I came up with Nature's Bounty's "Saw Palmetto Complex" and "hair, Skin & Nails" multi-vitamin formulas. Both at regular prices are half the cost of Procerin per month. I use the "Hair, Skin & Nails" formula myself and I buy it at CVS where it is often on a "buy one get one free" sale. So if you did that it would only be about a quarter of the cost of Procerin... That leaves plenty of money left over to buy Rogaine foam and Nizoral A-D shampoo. That way you would have at least one proven ingredient in your regimen (Minoxidil) - and another ingrdient that many, including me, feel is helpful (Nizoral).

If your hair loss truly is relatively recent as you say, consider the laser comb. I've been using one for almost four years and I've had a positive experience with it. I don't know if it made any hair grow back - but I do know that it made the hair that I have stronger and look better. It also made the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil stronger and look better. It doesn't work for everyone though - but they have a 20 week money back guarantee. That's plenty long enough to determine if it will work for you. Just make sure you have the correct Fitzpatrick skin type (types I to IV).

Hi Tracy,

Yeh I've had a look into it myself, and lots of mixed reviews online, along with other supplements out there i.e. provillus (seems to have even less creditability.

Because I'm in the early stages of hairloss (receding hairline not noticeable to most because of long hair on top) I don't know how far to take it in terms of regime. Not sure whether I need to start minixodil just yet. Currently have a health lifestyle plus take a multi vitamin, biotin and b-complex per day. Use Avalon biotin hair shampoo currently, I will probably buy nizoral to add to that. Think may just get a standard saw palmetto tablet just to add to that rather spending over the odds for something that doesn't do anything exceptional.

I've actually got a lasercomb that my dad gave to me (also suffers from hairloss - 56yrs but kept a decent amount of his hair through minixodil and propecia). I'm glad someone says they've had improvements with it, because I've seen a lot of reviews that say its a waste of time, maybe because they spent so much money on it and expected more. I've only recently started using it - does tend to give me headaches but may just use it on the areas where I'm receding to decrease the amount of tension. Have you experienced an headaches from it?

Quote Originally Posted by charliet1989 View Post
    Think may just get a standard saw palmetto tablet just to add to that rather spending over the odds for something that doesn't do anything exceptional.
    I have to admit I only know what I've read about Saw Palmetto supplements. However, what I have read tells me if you are going to take it, it is best to take it in a complex form. That means blended with other things (herbs and/or vitamins), not straight Saw Palmetto. I have no first hand experience though.

I've actually got a laser comb that my dad gave to me...

...I'm glad someone says they've had improvements with it, because I've seen a lot of reviews that say its a waste of time...
    I have no doubt that for some people it is a waste of time - but I thoroughly believe it can be helpful for others. I do believe the effectiveness is over stated - but that does not mean it is completely ineffective. It doesn't work for everyone - nothing does. For those it does work, it works well. I have no idea why - but I have my suspicions. I suspect how long a person’s hair loss has been going on probably has a lot to do with it. I also think some people are just better candidates for LLLT than others. If you read the documentation, it clearly states that folks who are Norwood Hamilton IIa to V or Luwig I-4, II-1, II-2, (or frontal patterns of hair loss) with Fitzpatrick skin types I to IV are good candidates. How do you know if those folks who are writting the negative reviews where good candidates?.. You don't know.

Have you experienced an headaches from it?
    No I haven't. I do know a few other folks who use it but I do not recall any of them mentioning anything about headaches from using it.

Use Avalon biotin hair shampoo currently, I will probably buy nizoral to add to that.
    Good idea.

Last year almost 3 months i tried Procerin... It made me huge trouble... Now I am comfortable with nuhairrx.... Seems to make my hair thicker. Have really seen new hairs growing.