+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shedding Sucksssss

So I finally just manned up and started on Rogaine about a month ago, shedding has increased significantly, but I know it's just part of the process and that Rogaine can't actually make you permanently lose hair. The weird thing is, though, that the shedding is across my entire head, even where I'm not applying the rogaine (I have diffuse thinning on the top, so I put it on the whole top of my head and rub it in - using the foam - but shedding has even increased in the very back of my head).

Got worried about it and started up on Finpecia a few days ago, figured I might as well just go all out since I'm already on Nizoral for dandruff, too.

Someone please remind me that this shedding phase is temporary and that I'm not going to be bald in 2 months, and that in a year I'll have an awesome head of hair again!

Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hey spex

was wondering if you could give me some advice. Been taking minoxidil for 6 weeks and propecia for two weeks, I think the minoxidil is causing a major shed and when i apply it the area where I applied it seems to thin out more and become really dry.. So I was think that I take propecia alone up to the 6 month mark and monitor results and then maybe use them both from then on

or do you think I should stick with it, all i can say is the shedding is making it look a lot worse, nothing is noticeable yet but i can notice it as I see myself all the time

any advice would be much appreciated

Before you go any further with propecia, you may want to check out these links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXWVTStnHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ3-t7vJeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXxUpiExMtQ

Also, you may notice that in the last two days - propecia.com is down and they have a very BOLD link for reporting side effects to the FDA

Good luck whatever you choose

Shedding has been pretty consistent, just starting my third bottle, how many bottles before shedding slows/stops?

Quote Originally Posted by Username1234 View Post
    ...how many bottles before shedding slows/stops?
    The shedding stops when the weak hair follicles have returned to almost normal. You will just notice the shedding slowing down over time - and more hair on your scalp.

It does feel like it will never stop. Been there done that. It does stop eventually... If you worry about it too much, the shedding can go on and on and on...

When you were shedding, was it pretty consistent and then just decline slowly, or did it stop suddenly, or what?

I have days where it seems to be getting better then it just comes right back the next, averaging a pretty consistent rate.

EDIT: Also, I'm applying the rogaine foam in the evening right after my shower and towel drying my hair. I'm spraying a little into 7 different spots on my head and then rubbing it in (as I have diffuse thinning). In the morning I do the same thing but on dry hair.

Is it a problem to do this on wet hair? Is this good enough or do I need to be more methodical (i.e. part my hair, rub it in the part, and so on)? Right now I'm just parting my hair where I initially spray it on, then rub it all in with my hands. I can't tell how much is getting on my scalp, as my hair is still fairly thick.

Hang on a sec... You say you have diffuse thinning - but then you say your hair is still fairly thick... Those two statements contradict each other. If your hair is still thick, you do not have diffuse thinning. Why are you using Rogaine if you hair is thick?

It is O.K. to put Rogaine foam (or liquid Minoxidil) in while your hair is towel dry damp. I do this every morning.

When you were shedding, was it pretty consistent and then just decline slowly, or did it stop suddenly, or what?
    The shedding declined slowly. It is very hard not to worry about shedding. But you have to try. Worrying about shedding and stressing out over shedding can make your hair fall out.

Hang on a sec... You say you have diffuse thinning - but then you say your hair is still fairly thick... Those two statements contradict each other. If your hair is still thick, you do not have diffuse thinning. Why are you using Rogaine if you hair is thick?
    My hair is thinning on top, but it is not noticeable yet. I am trying to keep it that way.

Default Reminder

Someone please remind me that this shedding phase is temporary and that I'm not going to be bald in 2 months, and that in a year I'll have an awesome head of hair again!
    Username1234,

This shedding phase is temporary and you're not going to be bald in 2 months, and that in a year you'll have an awesome head of hair again!