+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresley View Post
    another question if i am in time , will be :

there are any limits reguards the color of and the type of the hair? like if i am CURLY WITH BLONDE hair , this fact could influence the growing of the hairs on the DONOR and the RECEIVING zone?

i hope im still on time

I don't think that the color, size, or texture is affected in either area...

you guys should check out the hasci website and read some of the papers that Gho has posted. A lot of questions that people are asking here can be answered in the papers. He has 6 or 7 papers spanning from 1997 to 2011 that show the progression of the technique. This procedure didnt just come out of nowhere like trx2

Inactive

Your last comment made my day :-)

The 12 has come and gone... So how did it go??? What'd the word?

Hi guys, I have to make this post short and sweet as I'm in work. I asked Dr Gho loads of questions but for me the biggest answers were that one guy has had NINE procedures, I'll list the rest later when I'm done in work.

Regards
    c5000

I've never read the papers published in scientific journals that are posted on Gho's site until tonight. I gotta be honest, it looks like there is some pretty strong science backing his claims. Those are peer reviewed studies and that's a big deal. The results of the November 2010 one are pretty incredible. Just by looking at the numerical chart, it looks like what he is claiming is for real and that he's not just splitting follicles. I'll just post one patients results here:

Outlined donor area examined under magnification.
    Before Extraction - 370 hairs
    Immediately After Extraction - 112 hairs
    12 Months After Extraction - 354 hairs

To me that looks like basically every hair the was extracted regrew. These results were consistent across 5 patients. Not a huge case study but still enough to get me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Hi guys, I have to make this post short and sweet as I'm in work. I asked Dr Gho loads of questions but for me the biggest answers were that one guy has had NINE procedures, I'll list the rest later when I'm done in work.

Regards
    c5000
    Nice. I wish Gho's clinic would post the before and after shots for this patient online.

So are you convinced enough to get a HT?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro5422 View Post
    I've never read the papers published in scientific journals that are posted on Gho's site until tonight. I gotta be honest, it looks like there is some pretty strong science backing his claims. Those are peer reviewed studies and that's a big deal. The results of the November 2010 one are pretty incredible. Just by looking at the numerical chart, it looks like what he is claiming is for real and that he's not just splitting follicles. I'll just post one patients results here:

Outlined donor area examined under magnification.
    Before Extraction - 370 hairs
    Immediately After Extraction - 112 hairs
    12 Months After Extraction - 354 hairs

To me that looks like basically every hair the was extracted regrew. These results were consistent across 5 patients. Not a huge case study but still enough to get me excited.
    Yeah it sounds good but where are the links and where are the corresponding photographs per patient? Do they exist.

You make think I'm being pushy but its standard practice right. I wouldnt get a HT anywhere without seeing lots of convincing before and after shots and Gho isnt exempt from that rationale

Hi guys, I’m really sorry I can’t put up all the answers to the questions just now, I’m really busy in work and shouldn’t really be on this forum at all.

I will post all my questions and answers as soon as I get home from work, in about 10 hours time.

But I just wanted to post what Dr Gho said about donor regeneration yesterday. He said in theory 80-90% donor regeneration, but in his experience, he has seen 95% regeneration.

But here’s the big thing for me… He said they GUARANTEE 80-90%!!

So I guess if they guarantee that and then don’t produce it, they can be held accountable? Yeah?

I’m 90% sure I’ll get the procedure, Dr Gho seems really genuine… he said I have FEMALE pattern baldness, not male, and that I would require 1400-1600 grafts at a cost of £7700 (UK) or 8,800 Euros.

So I guess the only issue for me is finding the money.

He is booked up until May in London, and he told me that he only does procedures himself in London now, as he is concentrating on research.

Kiwi, Dr Gho said that the guy who had NINE procedures done, wanted to stay private, as he didn't want people to know. Apparantly this guy had one of the first procedures done back in 2005 when they could only do 500 grafts.

I also remember Gho saying they have done over 3000 procedures to date. But I'll verify that when I see my notes when I get home.

Regards
    C5000

This is really interesting. It's quite expensive though, isn't it? £7700 for 1700 grafts is definitely an issue for me, but then again I'm sure there are a lot of people who have the money and are willing to pay.

The only thing I can think of is getting one of these sessions done with Gho and hope that it will give you enough thickness to wait for Histogen or Replicel or whatever else (being optimistic and hoping they will come up with something).

Looking forward to your updates!

Thank you c5000. I am really thankful for keeping us in the loop. I hope you continue to do so.

As for all if it, Gho's procedure might be legit, and he might be providing an effective transplant. But still it costs a lot. However for those with deeper pockets it is no problem...