Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreatSage
    • Sep 2011

Started Propecia/Nizoral

So it's been just over 2 weeks now that I've started treatment, I'm 20 turning 21 in a few months. I first noticed my hair loss at 16 and but didn't think of it then till just a few months ago.

I have started shedding a lot more than normal so I'm guessing the Propecia is working, I also have some dandruff and an itchy scalp at times so I'm using Nizoral Shampoo with it. No sides so far.

Now my main concern is should I add Minoxidil right now or wait it out till I see some improvements with the other two; I haven't added it at the moment because I think the Fin and Minox shed together will freak me out..

Would appreciate some advice who has gone the same way as me or is currently on it.
  • znydn
    • Sep 2011

Hello there,

I am 20 and about to turn 21 soon as well. I tried minoxidil but problem is that it did not affect me in the way I wanted to. I had lots of shedding and thinning, but no results from that. Used for 2 months.

Nizoral is good, but I would recommend you to use balsamic vinegar, mixed with water with the scale of 1 vinegar / 2.5 water. It had a good effect on my dandruff.

Comment

• GreatSage
      • Sep 2011

Minoxidil is supposed to make you shed, usually you would shed for the first few months and later the hair will grow back fuller and thicker. Since you stopped did your hair grow back or did you do something else?

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

Use this topic i made :

Best!
        Spex
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• GreatSage
          • Sep 2011

Does anyone know if I will shed more when having Propecia and Minoxidil together or less by having one? I'm thinking it should be the same amount but not really sure.

Comment

• GreatSage
            • Sep 2011

I just purchased 6 months worth of Min, now I want to know is does Min work on the hairline?

Comment

• znydn
              • Sep 2011

I shed for some time but I had a little regrowth, but I used a little different technique. In Turkey, there is a pill named as Pantogar, which is a ceratine booster for the body. After I gave up Minox, used that and had a really good result, alongside with cutting short. I think I could recommend using that.

Comment

• GreatSage
                • Sep 2011

I am now on the big 3. Fin 1mg everyday with Nizoral Shampoo every 3 days along with applying Minox on my crown and corners of my hairline twice a day.

I'm hoping to see the shedding completely stop and some new growth in the near future.

Comment

• weiyuan927760
                  • Oct 2011

It had a good effect on my dandruff.

Comment

• GreatSage
                    • Sep 2011

I have noticed a slight reduced amount of dandruff now but some days it gets worse as does the itch.
                    I may try Head and Shoulders to reduce the itch.

Comment

• SBTRKT
                      • Aug 2011

No sides at all?

Comment

• GreatSage
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by SBTRKT
                        No sides at all?
                        On the first day of using Propecia and Minox I noticed a few spots on my face the next morning but they went away literally in a few hours and that was it.

Comment

Working...