Thread: advice please

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by michael85 View Post
    Sam,

I wouldn't bother using minoxidil

For me Propecia works... I Have been taking it for a little over 7 months. As you mention when I started , every time I ran my fingers across my scalp a few strands(5 to 6) of hair would show up in my palm. I would then stand in front of the sink and run my hands vigorously over my scalp, and atleast 15 - 20 strands of hair would shed... Obviously my hair was very thin and in a very bad state

7 months into Propecia, as I write this, I ran my fingers across my scalp and in the first 2 occasions no hair was shed.. On the 3rd attempt 1 strand of hair showed up on my palm.... Obviously my hair has grown slightly thicker and stronger... I don't think new hair has grown (so my hairline stays the way it is right now), but the existing hair has become stronger and thicker.. The thickness gives a fuller look..

Ditch minoxidil and go with propecia only... also applying minoxidil twice a day is harassing/smelly/and publishing to the world that you apply it.... In my case I just pop a pill and nobody ever gets to know that I'm on medication for hairloss.

Hope this helps,

Cheers ,
    Michael
    Bad advice. How can you say "ditch the minox" ? Do you know that at least for some of us Minox works better than Fin ? I can say at least in my case Minox has worked better than Fin. I'm starting to think it's the Minox that's been working for all those years and not Fin. Every time I stop Minox I shed like crazy.Yes, it's a pain in the neck to use and irritates the hell out of my scalp and it is greasy and all that shit bit it does work for many of us. If the guy is sure he's not benefiting from Minox then yeah, he can ditch it but not until he's 100% sure.