+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

How is this related to sun exposure?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Pradeep Sethi, MD's Avatar

You need to cover the scalp for at least one week from sunlight post procedure.
    Pradeep Sethi, MD
    Hair Transplant Surgeon at Eugenix Hair Sciences
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS)
    View my IAHRS Profile

That goes to show the wide difference of opinions...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    How is this related to sun exposure?
    Prolonged exposure to harmful radiations like UV rays which can be result of either chemotherapy or extended exposure to sun can result in hairloss. For more information you can refer to https://factdr.com/health-conditions/hair-loss/

I was asking how your November 29th post was related to the harmful rays from the sun?
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

I was referring to the Nov 29th post by DoctorTalks...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

yah of course...it's not good when exposing to sunlight...hunting games unblocked

Relevance?...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Default Snorkeling in Thailand 3 weeks post op

Hey everyone!
    First time posting here.

This thread is really helpful and kudos for every person who contributed to it and to the senior members who answer every question, so much useful information!

3 weeks ago I've had a PSE procedure in a reputable clinic in Shanghai (basically it's an FUE/DHI procedure as they use implanter pens with a very small diameter to implant the grafts, but for some reason they patented it in China under the name PSE - Precision micro incision Hair Transplant Technology)
    I'm happy with the result so far and the hairline looks great.

I'm currently in Thailand on a vacation where I spent most of the time on the beach and snorkeling.
    As you can probably imagine, the sun is very strong here so in order to protect my precious grafts from the sunlight, I wear a bandana + hat on top at all times when I'm outside the water and just the bandana when I'm snorkeling in the water. I'm also applying a Nivea SPF 50 sunscreen which (supposedly) protects against UVA1/UVA2/UVB rays.
    This is the bandana I'm using, it's not very thick:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5335.jpg

Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	61140

After 3 days of snorkeling in the seawater, I woke up in the morning to find a few areas on my crown have a little bit of dry blood, please see the attached pictures:

Name:	IMG_5250 2.jpg

Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	61141

Name:	IMG_5331 2.jpg

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	61142

As you can see in the photos my crown is not particularly red, it's kinda the same redness level I've had since the op, and I don't feel any discomfort or any pain in that area when I touch it, so I don't think I got sunburned.

But I'm very worried because of these few random spots that suddenly had dry blood in the morning - can it be that I lost grafts while sleeping 3 weeks post op? Did the sun rays go through the bandana and had some kind of negative effect on the transplanted grafts in my crown??

I'm also sweating a lot and I take the bandana off only in the evening - is it ok that my scalp doesn't breath all day and it is covered in a sweaty/wet piece of cloth 8 hours a day?
    Is there a risk of poisoning the transplanted grafts by applying sunscreen directly on them?

Not sure if it's related but worth mentioning that although I'm 3 weeks post op I haven't started shedding too much yet, I only find a few hairs here and there on my pillow when I wake up in the morning.

Please advise regarding the dry blood as I'm really worried I lost some grafts or caused some irreversible damage to the transplanted hair.

There is almost always considerable bleeding when a graft dislodges or pops out...so unless you experienced that, chances are you did not lose any.

A couple of things though, the water from swimming/snorkeling can reduce the effectiveness of the sunscreen even though it's 50 strength...so you have to re-apply often.

The bandana is not as effective as a loosely fitted ball cap...yet your photos look fine...no apparent sunburn.

Congrats on your recent procedure...your grafts should be shedding soon.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net