Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Feller View Post
    "Dr. Feller, I have also heard that immdediate over-exposure to UV rays can prevent the transplanted follicles from establishing to their new blood supply and they can subsequently perish from this. Do you agree?"

I've never heard that Gil.
    I doubt it's true.

Dr. F
    Thanks, I received an e-mail from a guy who went to S. Florida immediately post-op from a 2300 strip and went out on a launch for four hours without his head covered, bad sunburn throughout recipient area and subsequently had virtually no yield. He went to a well known reputable surgeon so it was not a question of the surgeon's skills, and this was his second HT. The first he had was 1500 grafts with good re-growth.

He did not have the pics from when he first got sunburn, he did not contact me until 15 months post-op. He thinks it was from the sunburn because he said he had some blistering on his scalp the next day and lots of pain. He said he had some existing hair in the recipient area so he did not know he had that intense suburn until they came into shore and he went inside.

I don't know what else it could be other than his newly transplanted follicles were damaged, his exisitng hair and the hair from his first HT are still there. He says he feels looks the same if not a little worse than his pre-op pics which he did e-maill to me along with his 15 month post-op pics and I have to agree with him that he did not gain anything in visual coverage.

When I saw this thread, it reminded me of his case.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin