Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant - Page 24 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaExpat View Post
    Please advise regarding the dry blood as I'm really worried I lost some grafts or caused some irreversible damage to the transplanted hair.
    I don't see any signs that you sunburned your scalp. It is impossible to lose a graft after 3 weeks. In fact, grafts are impossible to remove after seven days. The dried blood is probably your bodies reaction to the grafted follicles in the skin. Following transplantation, the dermal sheath collapses around the hair follicles and closer to the surface of the skin. The sheath is the live cells that will produce new hair beginning about 3 months following the transplant. Because these cells are closer to the skin surface, they are more sensitive to the effects of UV light. Thus, you must be cautious and avoid sunburn. The follicles, on the other hand, are dead. They are foreign bodies in the skin at this point. Your body will want to get rid of them. At three months, you are likely to see a lot of this if you do not get rid of these follicles. Go ahead and scrub the area with soap and a washcloth. Try to get these follicles to dislodge. If you don't, you will have many pimples begin to form at three months. For the most part, everything looks good at this point.

Sometimes patients are worried to get more aggressive at this point post-op yet I wholeheartedly agree that it is important to clean the scalp and remove all crusting.

This will provide a good clean environment for the new grafts to emerge and thrive.

Patience, patience, patience...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

I think most doctors will want their patients to stay out of direct sunlight much longer...possibly Dr. Cole can shed some light on this.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Dear friends, I just had a hair transpant *** technique and I am baffled because my doctors mentioned nothing about sun.

I suspected this but at the same time it sounds odd that one should protect the head 12 months against the sun. How is that possible ?! You get UV rays even with clouds outside, so how can one cover the head for 1 year ? I mean, even in the house you mostly get near the windows and the UV rays are striking your head. So should one cover the head for 1 year for optimal hair transplant results ? Waiting for a doctor opinion on this question !

I thought that covering the scalp with some sort of cap after HT would do damage to the follicles, so don't know exactly what to do, even if I implemented the best diet and lifestyle I could to increase my HT chance :

- no dairy
    - no sugar
    - no alcohol
    - no smoking
    - no sweating
    - vegetables, vitamins, antioxidants orally
    - etc

Bit worried about that I did light exercise (cardio) without sweating today on day 5 after HT, could I have damaged the hair transplant ? No sweating but really heart pumping exercise that could have sent blood to the hair.

Please please answer to all my questions... I don't know what to do, I am worried and contemplating staying in darkness for the next year, lol !

Mathew

You need to read all of the postop instructions from your doctor/clinic.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

I am trying to schedule a hair transplant during my vacation time toward the end of the year and I was wondering how long after the hair transplant do I have to wait to go out in the sun without my head being covered? Would it be more than two weeks?

Oh yes, it would be much longer than 2 weeks...more like 8-10 months!

Talk with your surgeon about this when you arrive at the clinic and follow the post-op instructions they provide you.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Unhappy Thin hat

Ive been using a baseball hat after my hair transplant surgery
    Ive been using it from day 10 Post up
    One day i discovered that the hat slightly pass the sun rays
    The hat made 100% from nylon
    Does this effect the result of the surgery

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Oh yes, it would be much longer than 2 weeks...more like 8-10 months!

Talk with your surgeon about this when you arrive at the clinic and follow the post-op instructions they provide you.
    Dear doctor would you please help me with. This issues.

Ive been using a baseball hat after my hair transplant surgery
    Ive been using it from day 10 Post up
    One day i discovered that the hat slightly pass the sun rays
    The hat made 100% from nylon
    Does this effect the result of the surgery

The hat must have a nylon mesh that allows light to pass through it?...if so, most nylon hats should not be interfering with your grafts causing any sunburn...it is however always best to wear a cap that does not allow sunlight to penetrate onto your grafts.

As long as your recipient area is well protected, you should be fine.

If you had FUHT, you must make sure there is not tension on the strip scar from the band on the cap....if you had FUE, there is no strip scar to stretch.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net