Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant - Page 22 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

You're welcome...that's why I think a loosely fitted headband or scarf works the best for women...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

After my last procedure in January of 2016 with Dr. Sanusi Umar, I was advised to stay out of the sun 4-6 months. As an extra precaution, I was also advised to apply spray sun tan lotion whenever you may be walking outside, or exposing yourself to the elements.

As long as the lotion had adequate sun block protection which is the key.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Did my HT in Turkey, my doctor said I should ware a hat for 2 weeks...
    32 days post op I was out without a hat for about 20 minutes, it was hard sun and I had a strange feeling in my scalp, I felt something was not right. I felt like I did a demage to my hair.
    At that time my transplanted hair did not start to fall.
    A week has passed and the hair still doesn't fall, although in that week I started to feel the transplanted area in a way I did not feel before.
    I would be happy to hear your opinion about it. Did I demage the grafts? If the hair remains does it mean a good sign?
    Will PRP treatment help?

Thanks,
    Josh

Josh,
    I doubt 20 minutes of exposure did much damage. But the real thing you need to pay attention too is whether or not you think you got a sunburn on your scalp. I don't think the scalp "feeling funny" is enough. My understanding of sun damage to HT, is that you would have to feel burning and blistering on your scalp for the new follicles to be damaged.

I agree...if there was any significant sunburn, your scalp would turn red, it would hurt to the touch, etc.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

I wear a hat all the time so no direct sunlight was on my crown since May. Therefore it is natural that the sun will be fairy effective in colouring the skin red. I felt no discomfort. Now is it a fact fact that the follicle dies or is it more a question of the pigmentation of the skin. Why do docters not stress this point more regarding post op. Why do they not prescribe sunblock so you know you need to stay out of the sun.

Overexposure to the sun's harmful rays can compromise the blood flow to the newly implanted follicles and a sunburn can potentially cause permanent damage to them.

Clinics do vary with post-op instructions and I agree, this is an issue that should be covered by every doctor and clinic.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Could not agree more!...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Hi everyone,

There are 3 phases involved in the life cycle of each hair strand - anagen, catagen, and telogen. At the end of the telogen phase, the hair strand falls off and is replaced by a new strand of hair. However, if the follicle is dead, it wont be able to regenerate new hair.

This is what causes baldness.

There are a number of reasons as to why people suffer from severe hair loss and baldness. One of the primary reasons is hormonal imbalance and poor nutrition.

However, there are ways to prevent it and reverse hair loss - aka, grow hair back on those bald patches using natural ways.

Hope you find it helpful!