+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

common sense and advice already says "don't be an egg and make the head red"

Quote Originally Posted by BBay View Post
    common sense and advice already says "don't be an egg and make the head red"
    You would be surprised!...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi

Ive read all 21 pages but still unsure of the answer!

I'm 5 weeks post FUE op with ASMED and its starting to get warm and sunny here in the UK.

I won't lay out and sunbathe at all this year so I give myself at least 9 months away from laying in the sun but its the walking round that I am concerned about.

If I wear a 50 SPF cream (I bought a baby one as I presume it will be less sensitive) and then I wear this hat which is UPF 50 should I be ok to walk around in full glaring sun for a day?

thanks

Rich

The Columbia Coolhead baseball cap in black is a performance cap featuring Omni-Freeze technology which reacts with sweat to lower the temperature of the material. In addition the Omni-Shade UPF 50 sun protection will protect you from the sun's harmful rays.

http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/columbi...p-black-black/

Default Sunscreen or Cap?

My doctor told me I needed just a good cloth hat or sunscreen. But I suppose if you are really nervous about it, both couldn't hurt for 6 months or so. I have used a baseball cap for the past few years since my procedure whenever I am in the sun. Sometimes I will go 10 or so minutes without it (after the 1st 12 months). But 98% of the time, I go for the cap.

Simms makes nice 50 SPF caps as well.

https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/ha...dia-cap-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by dergol View Post
    My doctor told me I needed just a good cloth hat or sunscreen. But I suppose if you are really nervous about it, both couldn't hurt for 6 months or so. I have used a baseball cap for the past few years since my procedure whenever I am in the sun. Sometimes I will go 10 or so minutes without it (after the 1st 12 months). But 98% of the time, I go for the cap.

Simms makes nice 50 SPF caps as well.

https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/ha...dia-cap-1.html
    Thanks for that, I guess if I use both sunscreen and a hat I should be fine.

White color cap is the best as black color tends to attract the sun's rays much more than light colors.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    White color cap is the best as black color tends to attract the sun's rays much more than light colors.
    Kudos
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Default Does wearing bangs count as protection?

Hello all,

I'm a female 5 days post FUE for hairline restoration. Been reading all these posts about protecting the grafts post transplant and I'm wondering about wearing bangs, does that count as protection from the sun? I'm currently in Romania for another month or so, very hot sunny weather every day, curious if I can take 10-20 minute walks during the day with my bangs down, grafts covered by my own hair. Thanks in advance!

No, your bangs will not serve to protect your grafts from the sun's harmful rays. In fact the darker hair colors actually reflect more light off the scalp.

So best to use something to cover those precious grafts like a loose headband or scarf.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    No, your bangs will not serve to protect your grafts from the sun's harmful rays. In fact the darker hair colors actually reflect more light off the scalp.

So best to use something to cover those precious grafts like a loose headband or scarf.

Thanks gillenator! It's a tricky situation to manage, between not wearing hats out of fear they would be touching the scalp, and not going out out of fear of sun exposure, ugh..