+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Gilenator kudos to your doctor as that is very rare most will say it doesn’t matter what you eat. Food is medicine and it does matter. I use to laugh when my grandmother would tell me to put some butter on a cut or scrape but she was right. Raw butter is very high in lauric acid which has anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-protzoal properties. If you do enough reading and depending on what you want to believe many cancers are fungal or viral in nature so even something as simple as butter could very well be the defining factor. Most would believe that raw butter which is made from raw milk is unsafe but that is the fear that has been instilled in them so that others may profit. That to me is real medicine, hundreds or years of observation handed down from generation to generation but slowly being lost as it makes no one any money from it. In fact most would be infinitely better off applying raw honey to prevent infection to a wound but doctors simply cannot offer that advice as the system keeps them in check. This is what makes systems sometimes not so good as they become corrupted and that is bad for everyone especially when it’s a matter of life and death.

I was recently in Macedonia and visited a monastery and before I left they gave me bags of dried herbs and some tinctures all picked from the nearby woods. They were surprised I knew what green walnut hull tincture was good for but doesn’t everyone…………lol…………….I guess not.

And Gillenator it is good to hear you are healthy, it’s the most important thing in life.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    BTW did you know that Black Cherries drastically reduce uric acid thus drastically reducing gout. I have an interest in uric acid for other reasons so I have studied it a bit. Sometimes it's just a matter of having information, you can never have too much in my opinion.

It could very well be that if your dad had known this fact about black cherries maybe he could have eliminated his gout by adding this and changing his diet but of course we will never know. The problem with so called modern medicine is it becomes a slippery slope as they prescribe medications that in turn cause bigger problems down the line which could have also been the reason behind the AK.

Anyway this is just my opinion and I know most simply will only seek advice from a "medical professional" good luck to them.
    topcat:
    What is your opinion of sugar alternatives like organic blue Agave? I remember several years ago when I was in Hawaii, we took a quick tour of a sugar cane factory. The guide was Hawaiian and said if any of us were feeling ill effects from white refined sugar, it's because of the chemicals they use to make the sugar white. Our family has been avoiding high fructose corn syrup because of GMO and white sugar. Are there safe sweeteners in your opinion? If so what are the best?
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Gillenator:

We have a female friend who died of lung cancer at 39. I don't even want to imagine what it must have been like to be given the equivalent of a death sentence by a doctor. I visited my neighbor last night who has been given 3 years to live due to prostate cancer. I have heard repeatedly that keeping your body alkaline as opposed to acidic creates a hostile environment for cancer to grow.

Great to have you with us Gillenator.

Chuck

35 years I don’t use too much sweetener except in my black coffee and that would be stevia as its natural, water processed from a plant and does not raise insulin levels which would be key, you want to keep insulin levels low and not constantly have them spiking up and down.

The problem with the Blue Agave is that it is fructose and too much fructose is not good. Here is what most people don’t understand about fructose regardless of if its high fructose corn syrup or too much fruit. Fructose can only be stored in the liver unlike glucose which can be stored in the muscle tissue and liver. The liver is very limited in how much fructose it can convert into glycogen and store so the rest needs to convert to triglycerides which is stored as body fat. The more fructose one consumes the fatter they get over time and having high triglycerides in the way of blood fat is not a good thing. Then we get into the whole issue of inflammation which would be the real reason behind heart disease and not cholesterol as that is just there because of all the inflammation. Big drug companies know this and that is why they are all working on anti-inflammatory drugs for heart issues. For instance MABS that will suppress IL6, big drug companies know exactly what they are doing. Until something is approved specifically for heart disease they will keep hawking the statin crap that is bringing in billions. The reality is that one does not need a drug to reduce arterial inflammation it’s mostly diet related.

Once again very hard to convince most but they should be allowed to at least read or hear a different point of view as maybe they will research it more and make better decisions, it’s the right thing to do and we all deserve this regardless of the situation. Most of course can’t be helped as they become ruled by fear and herd mentality. Very hard to get away from what the herd is doing as there is always safety in numbers and its part of our DNA to be part of the group as we have evolved to understand it is often necessary for survival. Regardless of if a high percentage of the herd is suffering from obesity and inflammatory diseases being part of the group is more important so they follow. One could even say the same for hair as it being something for some to be accepted into the group and sub consciously needed to survive of course I understand that better now but didn’t when I was a younger man.

And fear, forget about it as it’s one of the most motivating forces. I laugh at the expression on people’s faces when I tell them I eat a dozen eggs a day on a fairly regular basis and have done so for must be going on close to 15- 20 years now, starting to lose track as I get older. Sometimes I will in fact have 20 eggs in a day for no particular reason except maybe out of convenience. Do I think I have clogged arteries or a high level of obesity…………no……………do I think I can perform better than the vast majority of twenty somethings…………yes…………but regardless most people that would even give something like this a try would only last a few days as the fear always gets them which is exactly how it is suppose to work. It creeps into the back of their head and they start saying to themselves this can’t possibly be right and so it’s back to what the herd is doing. Marketers know this especially in the area of food………..they know how to keep the herd together and moving in the right direction. It becomes extremely difficult for most to wrap their minds around the fact that much of what they are being told is not true and even if it endangers their health most that are profiting simply do not care.

Sweet Leaf uses the water extraction method so I would look for that brand. Much of what else is available is chemically extracted and comes from China which is not always a safe source. Sorry for the long answer………………..I like to blab.

Topcat and Chuck,

Really appreciate the info and well wishes.

Thanks guys!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Here is a thought for those that make their bread and butter in the ht industry as it would be easier to understand. Have you ever read or listened to something about hair transplantation in the mass media. You sat there and what did you say to yourself. More than likely you said where are they coming up with this crap, the information is filled with inaccuracies. But you see you know the subject very well but the masses do not so they take it all in as gospel. They have no reason to research and this just becomes their truth.

It now becomes very difficult to convince the herd that the information is incorrect. Sometimes it becomes so difficult you might even say to yourself why even try. I mean really are you suppose to educate each person one by one………….it becomes a monumental task. So you tell a few here and there and if they listen good for them and if not……………oh well just watch them go over the cliff and many will be going over the ht cliff as they can be seen on the forums very often.

Now when it comes to health and nutrition it works exactly the same way only it’s 10 times worse. Of course gluten and grain should not make up part of one’s diet. No animal in nature eats a concentrated diet of grains regardless of if it’s an carnivore, herbivore or omnivore. But it’s cheap and you can feed a lot of people with it and make money sometimes so hey why not. But really it’s not a good source of nutrition just as the pink slime in the fast food burgers is not nor the flame retardant that was recently removed from Gatorade. I mean really trying the cut out the renderer by treating that animal scrap with ammonia and telling me it’s food because you formed it into a burger is pretty low…………do they really need the money that bad………..I guess so.

So getting to my point maybe the Sun is good for you. Maybe what you are reading as a source of information is completely inaccurate and maybe you just don’t know it. Maybe that herd of pasty looking obese people with cell phones glued to their ear at O’hare airport I was recently confronted with are heading towards the cliff.

No matter how uncomfortable it can be sometimes not being part of the herd, personally I don’t care to go over the cliff……………I’ll just watch.

Let me ask you a question would you ever go to a GP to get really accurate information on hair loss or hair transplantation. Probably not yet look at all these people that go to doctors for health advice……..makes just as much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Here is a thought for those that make their bread and butter in the ht industry as it would be easier to understand. Have you ever read or listened to something about hair transplantation in the mass media. You sat there and what did you say to yourself. More than likely you said where are they coming up with this crap, the information is filled with inaccuracies. But you see you know the subject very well but the masses do not so they take it all in as gospel. They have no reason to research and this just becomes their truth.
    There is a female hair transplant doctor who has a video on You Tube that is full of inaccuracies and concepts that simply aren't true.

A great deal of what some people believe is the result of media and cultural conditioning. Our family has a collection of DVDs and Blu-rays and we pick and choose from Internet programming. In other words, we avoid network programming and the commercials.

We stayed in a lodge over the weekend that had cable TV and the commercials always stand out to me as a "malware for the mind" type of manipulation. Take all the pharmaceutical commercials for instance. Dependance upon pharmaceuticals is good for those making the money off their sale, but what are the long-term effects on human beings after several generations? Is a generation of humans being inadvertently engineered to become addicted to medications? If you mention Fluoride in our water supply, most people are conditioned to believe it's a good thing and those who oppose fluoridation are conspiracy nuts and hypochondriacs. A new study published in the Journal of the American Dental Association confirms fluoride to be a toxic substance that actually destroys teeth, particularly those of developing young children and babies. Other studies conclude that Fluoride can actually lower an individual's IQ. Skeletal Fluorosis is another reason to avoid Fluoridated water.

People more and more are doing their own research and hopefully making more educated decisions.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant Atlanta
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 09:01 AM.

My wife and I quit drinking tap water quite some time ago because of all of the additives including fluoride. Yet I am not convinced that spring water or filtered water is much better.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

I use a 5 stage reverse osmosis system with a PH balancing filter to help remineralize the water. Sure pure clean water straight from a mountain spring might be better but this doesn’t mean one should not at least do the best that they can. I have been filtering my own water for at least 20 years or more and in the end it all matters every little bit that you do.

One friend that I knew was diagnosed with cancer of the colon and he is one of the same people that would kind of laugh at what I do. But after his diagnoses he had all kinds of questions which is normal and started to do all kinds of research which is also normal. He came to believe the long term medication he was taken that was totally unnecessary was the cause. He was doing very well financially with real estate. But get this he was too lazy to switch to organic because the store that had that items he wanted was not on the way home so he just purchased whatever was convenient. He also seemed to be more concerned with his real estate than directing all his energy in trying to recover from the disease. About 18 months later he was dead. What I really have a hard time wrapping my mind around is that he was more hypnotized by money and too lazy to try a little harder. I mean c’mon you’re dead forget about the money already. I just don’t get that part.

Since this is a thread on sunshine I will add that there is a UV light option for water filters but probably not necessary. It’s interesting to read the description though.

Ultra Violet Filtration an efficient way of disinfecting a water supply is by irradiating it with UV light. UV light containing wavelengths between 250 and 270 nanometers (UV-C or UVC band) is extremely effective in killing many species of bacteria, mold spores, viruses and other microorganisms. These organisms may be present in your water source. The UV adapter for water purification systems rely on the movement of water through an enclosed vessel that contains a UV lamp. The Premier vessel contains a lamp that is positioned directly in the center of the vessel. This ensures maximum exposure to water as it passes through the vessel. This process allows the most exposure to the UV radiation as it passes across the lamp body