+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

If in fact vitamin D does speed wound healing and if in fact vitamin D is stored in the fat cells of the body and if in fact obesity hinders the body’s ability to use vitamin D would it not be much better to advise a patient to get some sun exposure and lose as much bodyfat as possible before having a procedure to maximize the healing process. Of course this advice will not be issued by a doctor for so many reasons but regardless is this not sound sensible advice that one can easily research if they were to take the time.

I smoked for 40 years and I spent endless hours in the sun and still got lung cancer.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Yes Gillenator I remembering you mentioning the lung cancer. Of course stats are only stats many will not fall into the category that they would prefer for many reasons of which we only know a handful.

Both my grandfathers ate sparsely and were thin. Each having a low BMI and they fasted more than occasionally as there was not much food available which greatly increases one's chance of not getting cancer. They both drank plenty of homemade wines which were very high in resveratrol and no sulfur dioxide another likely key factor of which they were unaware. Probably the best thing they did though it was not by choice was to not eat highly sugared, highly processed foods. Cancer needs sugar the more the better, they ate real food. They also used zero prescription or OTC medications.

I’m sure most are not going to agree with my comments which is okay with me I just feel the need to post them sometimes as another point of view. I feel staying out of the sun or applying sunscreen is extremely poor advice.

Gillenator I watched a really good movie on a cancer doctor that is available on the internet. Just Google Burzynski movie. I have followed this doctor off and on for 30 years now mostly due to my interest in health and nutrition. They tried to squash this guy over that same number of years. Tried to discredit him, jail him, even tried to steal his idea an amazing story of a man that was just doing good trying to help others. Well he managed to keep going through it all and persevered. One can only imagine how many lost their lives or suffered greatly with current treatments only because they weren’t given the option of having the information.

The testimonials given throughout the movie come from deep within the heart. Many researching HT would benefit from watching it as the correlations are numerous.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I smoked for 40 years and I spent endless hours in the sun and still got lung cancer.
    I didn't know you had lung cancer. How many years ago? Are you cancer free?

Chuck

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Both my grandfathers smoked and they both started very young around 14 or so. They both lived well into their 90’s and they both had one thing in common plenty of time in the Sun. They grew up in the Balkans on farms. If you look at the stats those that smoke and are exposed to Sun have drastically lower rates of lung cancer.
    Both my parents smoked for years and neither died of lung cancer. My dad spent a lot of time in the sun and ended up with Actinic Keratosis. Actinic Keratosis is considered a pre-cancerous skin condition. The doctor gave him a topical lotion and like 5fluorasil, it makes your skin red and nasty while its doing its thing. Our family didn't eat well and I think the fatty diet contributed or acted as a catalyst related to his AK formation. My dad just stopped using the topical AK treatment and lived out the rest of his life with AK. He died at 74 because he had painful gout and a doctor prescribed an outdated medication that had a kidney-damaging side effect. The medication masked his symptoms of prostate cancer. The surgery would have been successful but the medication weakened his kidneys to the point he didn't survive the anesthesia. He died while on a kidney dialysis machine.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

35 years I guess we don’t really know what happened to your dad but I would be more apt to think the high uric acid levels that were causing the gout were also behind the AK and I would also say that high uric acid levels are due more to sugar in the diet and less to fat in fact fats would be beneficial most especially saturated fat.

BTW did you know that Black Cherries drastically reduce uric acid thus drastically reducing gout. I have an interest in uric acid for other reasons so I have studied it a bit. Sometimes it's just a matter of having information, you can never have too much in my opinion.

It could very well be that if your dad had known this fact about black cherries maybe he could have eliminated his gout by adding this and changing his diet but of course we will never know. The problem with so called modern medicine is it becomes a slippery slope as they prescribe medications that in turn cause bigger problems down the line which could have also been the reason behind the AK.

Anyway this is just my opinion and I know most simply will only seek advice from a "medical professional" good luck to them.

topcat,

Thanks for the info and yes cancer cells thrive on sugar. One of the first things that my oncologist told me was to stay away from processed foods and especially "sugar". He said sugar with cancer is like throwing gasoline on a fire!

I also researched that much needed iodine is missing from our processed foods and henceforth diets. Proper iodine levels help the cancer cells from becoming active as we all have cancer cells in our body. I believe this is why our grandfathers generation who mostly consumed food grown off the land have lived longer lives.

My father smoked like a chimney for over 65 years and he is still alive and no lung cancer. Yet he grew up on a rural ranch and ate off the land like his parents did until he went off to the Korean War.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I didn't know you had lung cancer. How many years ago? Are you cancer free?

Chuck
    Chuck,

Yes, I was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in August of 2009. The doctors said it was going to kill me and that I would not survive it because it was already terminal and then gave me a 10 percent chance of survival.

They said my chances of surviving the chemo regimen that I would be undergoing would be remote. Still, my wife pleaded with me to go through with it. So I did.

I never felt the cancer, never was coughing up blood, but the chemo nearly did me in. Still feel it to this day.

Anyways, my entire right lung was filled with tumors and it was removed completely just before the chemo. While in SICU, my other lung got infected, got pneumonia, and collapsed. I actually died for about 2 minutes before they got me on a lung machine.

I have been in remission since then. My doctors are very perplexed. Just had a CT scan last Monday and all is well.

Thanks for asking my friend...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

BTW, I quit smoking on a dime.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net