+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Here is a simple explanation of why sunscreens are cancer in a bottle outside of the fact of the chemicals themselves. Of course I don’t expect most of those here to agree but always good to get as many views as possible.

The Sun’s radiation that does the most damage is the UVA rays and the rays that are most health promoting are the UVB rays. When you start applying this stuff to your body you block out all the UVB rays but not so much the UVA rays which is very bad as this promotes most of the skin cancers. Something else good to know it that most of the UVB rays are emitted between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM which is when you want to be out in the Sun with no sunscreen. But of course if you haven’t built up the melanin in your skin than that might be a bad idea.

It’s the UVB rays that causes the body to produce massive amounts of Vitamin D which protects your from cancer, lowers cholesterol, builds bones, raises testosterone etc. All good stuff just like it was intended.

So in essence when you go out into only the early morning Sun or very late afternoon Sun with your sunscreen on you become a cancer producing machine. Now you know why you see all this skin cancer and cancers in general or at least one of the reasons.

This information might save just one person.

If we were to ask the sunscreen manufacturers why skin cancer continues to explode they would simply tell you that you are not buying enough of their product. You need to apply more and apply it more often………lol………..funny how that works. But here is the thing if what I have written is true then the guy producing the sunscreen could very well be setting up yourself and your son, daughter, niece or nephew up for skin cancer. Is it possible that he already knows this is the case? It could very well be as usually the manufacturer is very knowledgeable about their product and anything associated with their product. Which would be the greater good here? Depends on where you are standing if it is someone who has experienced cancer or is worried about a loved one getting the disease you would probably want to know, if you are selling the sunscreen well that gets a little hairy and understandably so.

Would be nice if we didn’t have to research every little decision we make but sometimes that seems to be the case at least for the big ones. Problem is we sometimes don’t know they are big decisions and only realize that in hindsight. Applying sunscreen seems like a simple decision but maybe it’s not.

The protective ozone layer has also been compromised from all of the pollution that our world continues to dump into the atmosphere.

There is a rise in just about every form of cancer imaginable. Very contaminated environment that we live in no matter what we consume or breathe.

You would think that the world would see an urgent need to stop the contamination but just lots of talk and very little action.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    If we were to ask the sunscreen manufacturers why skin cancer continues to explode they would simply tell you that you are not buying enough of their product. You need to apply more and apply it more often………lol………..funny how that works. But here is the thing if what I have written is true then the guy producing the sunscreen could very well be setting up yourself and your son, daughter, niece or nephew up for skin cancer. Is it possible that he already knows this is the case? It could very well be as usually the manufacturer is very knowledgeable about their product and anything associated with their product. Which would be the greater good here? Depends on where you are standing if it is someone who has experienced cancer or is worried about a loved one getting the disease you would probably want to know, if you are selling the sunscreen well that gets a little hairy and understandably so.

Would be nice if we didn’t have to research every little decision we make but sometimes that seems to be the case at least for the big ones. Problem is we sometimes don’t know they are big decisions and only realize that in hindsight. Applying sunscreen seems like a simple decision but maybe it’s not.
    I grew up in the San Fernando valley in California. My dad always cut my hair short as a kid and I kept it that way until I was 10 or 11. When I was younger, It seemed that I could spend a good part of the day out in the sun and not get burned. I don't think my parents ever bought sunscreen when I was a kid. It wasn't until I was over 14 that I started getting sunburned. There may have been a change to the earth's protective layer that's responsible for that. Not sure. These days I can't spend more than an hour outdoors without getting burned. I do believe that some sun exposure is healthy and people these days are extreme in their attitude with regards to avoiding the sun altogether.

The news about sunscreen is troubling. I read an article several years ago related to dermatologists rethinking their position on sun exposure when patients are having melanoma removed from areas of their body that had relatively little sun.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    chuck@forhair.com

Good post greatjob. It will be interesting to see if the frequent travelers who subject themselves to these ongoing xray screenings will develop a variety of cancers in the future.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    If you want to talk about things that are going to increase the incidence of cancer just go to the airport. I have refused to go through the body scanners every time and instead opt for a pat down. Those things are so dangerous for frequent flyers, they are already subjected to elevated levels of radiation when they fly and now they are x-rayed before every flight, not good.
    I agree.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office

And it's very doubtful that the govt would ever share the actual exposure risks associated with these screenings!

This is where good ole' common sense applies!
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

I would suggest reading at least 20 books or more on sunshine, vitamin D, and sunscreens and you might very well walk away with a different point of view.

There is definitely a lot of info out there but it does not take rocket science to figure out the potential damage that can be done.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Okay I don’t want to beat a dead horse here but most people are simply misinformed. Anyone that knows a subject extremely well knows that most of what is printed or repeated outside of well researched books is often incorrect. More potential damage is being done in other forms as one only needs to look at this massive amount of obesity all around us.

I was at the airport the other day and I counted two people that seemed to have had sun exposure and this is O’Hare airport one of the busiest. About 90% of the people could only be described as obese and out of shape with a high percentage having tattoos and cell phones glued to their ear. But you see that is what has become normal. In fact I felt a little out of place that is how backwards our society has become.

I’m 50 and in the best shape of my life both physically and mentally. I do not get sick nor do I have any aches and pains. I do not need any types of medications prescription or over the counter. I have not been to a doctor in almost 30 years outside of ht and sunshine is part of that lifestyle…..what about you?