Ru58841 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ru58841

Default Ru58841

What is this RU stuff, does anyone have any experience with it??

If it actually worked, it would be all over the news - as was Rogaine and Propecia...

It was supposed to be as effective if not moreso than finasteride but never made it out of trials. Not sure why though.

I found some people on hairloss and hairsite Making there own solutions.

It definitely works, as in, it's definitely a topical DHT and T inhibitor and several studies have shown it's effective but it wasn't developed. Why is anybody's guess but it may be that the drug is unstable in solution and thus difficult to actually apply. Guys who use RU from the grey market typically mix it up as they go along - which might be okay for those hard-core hairloss fighters but is not acceptable to mass-market.

Also I don't know what status the patent is in. I know PSK own it now but RU has been around for decades so I don't know how long a company that developed RU would have to sell it under patent protection.

Which makes it pretty unattractive for any company to spend the tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars needed to put it through trials and marketing it.

So I don't really agree with the comment "If it actually worked, it would be all over the news - as was Rogaine and Propecia." Plenty of these drugs work, but there's not just an effectiveness issue but also a commercial issue. Plenty of drugs that could work are not pursued because, rightly or wrongly, they're not perceived by the guys who hold the patents to be commercial, and nobody else can market them until the patents expire. And of course when the patents expire, nobody wants to develop them because they can't make money on it. Likewise naturally-sourced drugs like apple procyanidins (in Spectral DNC) which are actually working for me better than Minox, growing back some hair on the hairline as it's been shown to do in university studies. But universities can't afford to do mass studies, only the drug giants can do that, and they won't commit money to something they can't patent.

And of course when it comes to MPB, even drugs that do 'work' only work to a very limited extent, so the enthusiasm isn't really there to develop more marginal drugs when we already have two very marginal drugs in Minox and Fin - even though RU would appear to be better than Fin in that it has no systemic effects. But how do you market that?

"Buy RU! You'll still be bald but maybe you won't get any balder, and at least you'll still be able to get a hard-on!"

I think that's the main reason nobody was too keen to market them, especially since Propecia sales apparently disappointed. Now of course any company developing a new drug is also gambling against the hair multiplication companies like Histogen succeeding. If you're a small pharma company and you've got to spend a hundred million bucks or so and four years developing a new drug and putting it through trials, then Histogen comes along and cures baldness in the same timeframe, you're in trouble.

A couple of companies are apparently still happy to gamble at this stage, though. CB-03-01 and ASC-J9 are both in development for topical use in MPB, though interestingly both are targeting acne treatment first and MPB second, which means at least another year delay before we can buy them for MPB. Maybe this is because they recognise the market risk caused by Histogen etc.

And once again, the economic risk is just as great as the technical risk. Small companies are always at high risk of going out of business, and if that happens the patents may come under control of a company that has no interest in pursuing MPB, as happened to NEOSH-101.

That was a lot to read - but I'm not buying into any it. If it actually worked (safely and effectively), it would be all over the news. Everyone would have heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    It definitely works, as in, it's definitely a topical DHT and T inhibitor and several studies have shown it's effective but it wasn't developed. Why is anybody's guess but it may be that the drug is unstable in solution and thus difficult to actually apply. Guys who use RU from the grey market typically mix it up as they go along - which might be okay for those hard-core hairloss fighters but is not acceptable to mass-market.

Also I don't know what status the patent is in. I know PSK own it now but RU has been around for decades so I don't know how long a company that developed RU would have to sell it under patent protection.

Which makes it pretty unattractive for any company to spend the tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars needed to put it through trials and marketing it.

So I don't really agree with the comment "If it actually worked, it would be all over the news - as was Rogaine and Propecia." Plenty of these drugs work, but there's not just an effectiveness issue but also a commercial issue. Plenty of drugs that could work are not pursued because, rightly or wrongly, they're not perceived by the guys who hold the patents to be commercial, and nobody else can market them until the patents expire. And of course when the patents expire, nobody wants to develop them because they can't make money on it. Likewise naturally-sourced drugs like apple procyanidins (in Spectral DNC) which are actually working for me better than Minox, growing back some hair on the hairline as it's been shown to do in university studies. But universities can't afford to do mass studies, only the drug giants can do that, and they won't commit money to something they can't patent.

And of course when it comes to MPB, even drugs that do 'work' only work to a very limited extent, so the enthusiasm isn't really there to develop more marginal drugs when we already have two very marginal drugs in Minox and Fin - even though RU would appear to be better than Fin in that it has no systemic effects. But how do you market that?

"Buy RU! You'll still be bald but maybe you won't get any balder, and at least you'll still be able to get a hard-on!"

I think that's the main reason nobody was too keen to market them, especially since Propecia sales apparently disappointed. Now of course any company developing a new drug is also gambling against the hair multiplication companies like Histogen succeeding. If you're a small pharma company and you've got to spend a hundred million bucks or so and four years developing a new drug and putting it through trials, then Histogen comes along and cures baldness in the same timeframe, you're in trouble.

A couple of companies are apparently still happy to gamble at this stage, though. CB-03-01 and ASC-J9 are both in development for topical use in MPB, though interestingly both are targeting acne treatment first and MPB second, which means at least another year delay before we can buy them for MPB. Maybe this is because they recognise the market risk caused by Histogen etc.

And once again, the economic risk is just as great as the technical risk. Small companies are always at high risk of going out of business, and if that happens the patents may come under control of a company that has no interest in pursuing MPB, as happened to NEOSH-101.
    are there any photos on internet? about the effects of this product?
    thx

elvis,

Some of the guys who've been self-medicating with RU post pics on various forums like ************.com. Most of them seem to say it maintains their hair but not much if any growth, ie like Propecia without the sexual sides.

If it actually worked (safely and effectively), it would be all over the news.
    Sure, if it grew a full head of hair, you'd be right (and we'd all be using it and getting on with our lives!). But it doesn't, so why would the news be interested in an unmarketed drug that's been around for 20 years and is not significantly more effective than fin, even if it is better in terms of sides?

A drug that's FDA approved isn't necessarily better than one that's not, it just means somebody bothered to go spend enough money to get it approved.

CB-03-01 showed pretty good results in a study released a few months ago and that's not 'all over the news' either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    More stuff...
    I'm not convinced. However, I would like to know if this medication would have been safe and effective for women to use - if the company bothered to try to market it.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That was a lot to read - but I'm not buying into any it. If it actually worked (safely and effectively), it would be all over the news. Everyone would have heard about it.
    Thats not true. I have grown back a lot of hair and still going strong and its not all over the news. I did not use approved medications (Rogaine/Propecia) and I have seen better results then any of the before afters I have seen from the "FDA cleared medications". I guess my point is that main stream media only buzzes when somebody lets the bees out, so if you dont see the bees buzzing does that mean they dont exist or their just back in the hive.