+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Rogaine basically does the same thing as propecia
    WRONG! Change your derm as he clear knows very little.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    My father was bald early, my brother was balding in his twenties, my uncle is completely bald now....

I am just trying to stop it before it gets bad...
    O.K., that is much better. You are concerned because you have a strong family history of hair loss. We can work with that. Start with preventative measures you can do now, such as use Nizoral twice a week.

I need to leave now but I will write more for you later tonight when I get home.

In the mean time, think about how you are going to pay for treating your hair loss - and how you are going to continue paying for your treatment for the rest of your life. The treatments are not free and health insurance does not cover it. If you have not yet thought about that, you need to start thinking about it. You cannot and should not expect your parents to pay for it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Rogaine basically does the same thing as propecia
    WRONG! Change your derm as he clear knows very little.
    Now that I know that the OP is only 17 years old, I am quite sure his dermatologist told him that to try to shy him away from Propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I need to leave now but I will write more for you later tonight when I get home.

In the mean time, think about how you are going to pay for treating your hair loss - and how you are going to continue paying for your treatment for the rest of your life. The treatments are not free and health insurance does not cover it. If you have not yet thought about that, you need to start thinking about it. You cannot and should not expect your parents to pay for it for you.
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I have a job now, so of course I would not expect my parents to pay for it. As for when I go to college, IF I go to college (I refuse to live a college life balding, so obviously if I can't stop this, i'm not going to college, which is pathetic I know, but it's what I've decided) than I know that Proscar is MUCH cheaper than Propecia and very much affordable. I also know that the patent on Propecia ends very soon, so this will lower the price of Finasteride all together. Trust me when I say I have done my research and I am quite confident of all my decisions.

If you really want to purchase cheap propecia online I suggest unitedpharmacies and inhousepharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSage View Post
    If you really want to purchase cheap propecia online I suggest unitedpharmacies and inhousepharmacy.
    Are the pills legitimate and do I need a prescription??

No you don't need a prescription and yes they are legit; I use the site myself and some users on this forum do too.

I searched for weeks and those two were the best recommended that I found and was the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSage View Post
    No you don't need a prescription and yes they are legit; I use the site myself and some users on this forum do too.

I searched for weeks and those two were the best recommended that I found and was the cheapest.
    They have propecia on their and proscar. I'm confused as to how a website that's selling finasteride without a prescription needed is selling brandname finasteride?

They get their products from other countries so that's probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    I'm confused as to how a website that's selling finasteride without a prescription needed is selling brandname finasteride?
    Samiam, GreatSage is advising you to purchased meds on the internet grey market. This is not good advice. This is not sound advise. Not to mention that you are legally a minor... Your body is your body and your money is your money. You do with them what you want. However, anyone who advises the internet grey market as a good source for meds is probably not the sharpest tool in the shed - and such advice should be ignored.

I was going to write something else, something very different from this, but after these comments I think it is best that I bow out - and hope you take that brain the good Lord gave you out for a spin..

Here is my plan
    I am going to call my aunt tonight, she is a doctor. I'm going to tell her my situation and ask her if she can prescribe finasteride. If not ill have to improvise n see where i can go from there.