+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello Everyone! Finally Accepted that I'm losing Hair!

I used to deny the fact that I'm losing hair. Went through the rest of the phases and now I've accepted that I am losing my hair. So now I want to do something about it!

I'm 26 years old. I am of Filipino Spanish, Japanese American descent. Long story short, father side of the family are Japanese Americans, mother side of the family are Filipino Spanish.

At the age of 20 I started losing my hair. I thought at first it was due to my dandruff (which I later found out as psoriasis which I got from my dad).

My hair loss pattern according to illustration below is a III vertex and III A. Though it's diffuse for now.

I would experience very episodes of intense itchy scalp which i relieved by combing my hair. 2-3 days after I'd shed almost a hundred hairs at night.

Most prominent hair loss is III vertex though the top of my head all they way to my forehead have diffused hair loss.

I'm at a loss really. I want to regrow my hair. If I can't then maybe stop losing my hair further.

I hope this forum can help me on the right path.

The best place for information about treating hair loss is your doctor - or a dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss. Till then, get some Noziral shamoo and use it twice a week. Also get some Rogaine or generic 5% Minoxidil and use it as directed. When you talk to your doctor, ask about a prescription for Propecia (1mg Finasteride) or generic Finasteride. Generic Finasteride is currently only available in 5mg pills, so you will need to split the pills into four pieces to make the daily dose. Your doctor may also recommend low level laser therapy. If he or she does (some will - some won't), get a Laser comb and use it as directed.

You need to be aware that it takes a long time to treat hair loss. You need to commit to a regimen for at least a full year to determine if it is going to work for you. If your hair loss stops, the regimen is working for. If after a year you are still losing hair, you will need to look at other options. Also keep in mind that everything that works to treat hair loss causes shedding now and then until the hair has returned to normal. There is no way around it. Think of it as the weak hairs need to shed out of the way so stronger hairs can grow in their place.