+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 years old, in need of guidance.

I'm 19 years old, my hair has been thinning for a really long time, since middleschool I began to notice it but I did nothing about it. I actually once began applying rogaine but I saw no results (2 months use) so I just let it go.

Why? I always had my hair long. I did this to hide simple bald spots. I wish I could've acted or at least my mom or dad could have aswell.

I recently got a buzzcut to see how I would look going just shaved. I don't like the look, as you can tell my head shape isn't very good lol. Shaving everything off isn't really the route I want to take anymore.

Now after avoiding it for so long I finally started doing some research about it. I've read up on and become familiar with "THE BIG 3" . I am considering taking it, but before I do that I would like you all to give me advice, and to introduce myself of course.

Pictures

My questions to you guys is can I see regrowth of new hair at this stage I am at? Will the big 3 do me good if I stick with it? Also, is there any other medications I can take?

If so, Where can I get all of these medications/products at a reasonable price?

Thank you all.

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Yes the big 3 is the only way.

Get proscar and spilt in 4 from your doctor (its cheaper and you are sure you get the right drug), Nizoral you can get from Amazon/ebay and Rogaine from your pharmacy.

I would personally not trust any online pharmacies or generics for propecia/proscar unless you have many positive reviews from people like the members in this forum, but we all have different views on these matters.

You will have a great chance for stopping your hair loss either for years or permanently. You can not be sure to see re-growth, even though quite a lot do see it especially in the crown area, including myself and many others. You can also benefit from a thicker/healthier look of the hair you have left.

Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    Yes the big 3 is the only way.

Get proscar and spilt in 4 from your doctor (its cheaper and you are sure you get the right drug), Nizoral you can get from Amazon/ebay and Rogaine from your pharmacy.

I would personally not trust any online pharmacies or generics for propecia/proscar unless you have many positive reviews from people like the members in this forum, but we all have different views on these matters.

You will have a great chance for stopping your hair loss either for years or permanently. You can not be sure to see re-growth, even though quite a lot do see it especially in the crown area, including myself and many others. You can also benefit from a thicker/healthier look of the hair you have left.

Good luck with it.
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I am planning to take atleast minox and fin, however I have a question.

Is proscar, fincar, etc all the same product? They're all finasteride right? Will it matter what I buy or get prescribed?

I'm also very afraid of the side effect of fin. Will giving it a shot for two weeks show any early side effect enabling me to stop it immediately? and will those side effects be permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by s1292 View Post
    Where can I get all of these medications/products at a reasonable price?
    Um, I have to say, I really don't see a problem in your pics.

Anyways, if you are in the US, you can get Nizoral A-D shampoo and Rogaine (or generic 5% Minoxidil) at any pharmacy or grocery store. You need to see your doctor for a prescription for Finasteride or the prescription strength Nizoral shampoo.

Is proscar, fincar, etc all the same product? They're all finasteride right?
    Your doctor can help you there - but Propecia is 1mg Finasteride. Proscar is 5mg Finasteride. Generic Finasteride is only available in the US in 5mg pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    Nizoral you can get from Amazon/ebay...
    Really? Why can't you just get Nizoral at the same pharmacy you get Rogaine? That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Um, I have to say, I really don't see a problem in your pics.

Anyways, if you are in the US, you can get Nizoral A-D shampoo and Rogaine (or generic 5% Minoxidil) at any pharmacy or grocery store. You need to see your doctor for a prescription for Finasteride or the prescription strength Nizoral shampoo.

Your doctor can help you there - but Propecia is 1mg Finasteride. Proscar is 5mg Finasteride. Generic Finasteride is only available in the US in 5mg pills.

Really? Why can't you just get Nizoral at the same pharmacy you get Rogaine? That's what I do.
    Okay thank you a lot, I will update this when I'm on the products.

Also, what do you mean by you don't see a problem in my pictures? I see it every single day, before I cut my hair (it was pretty long) everyone noticed that I had thin hair. I'd be okay with a bit thicker hair I guess.

Also, what do you mean by you don't see a problem in my pictures?
    I guess it's all relative. I know some women who are much worse off than you. From the pictures you have provided, I just don't see a problem. Preventative measures are rarely a bad idea though. Talk to your doctor about it.

Visit propeciahelp.com before you ever touch finasteride