Threaded View

Unhappy 22 and in need of guidance...

I need some serious advice!

My name is Charlie. I noticed my hair thinning when I was 20 years old. My family has very little history of hairloss, so this was very surprising to me. I never thought it would happen to me, but after comparing pictures from ages 18-19, I knew something was up. My hairline has receded a decent amount, but I dont have any loss on my crown.... yet.

When I was 22 I went to Bosley and had a consult. I immediately started taking propecia and after about 3 months of propecia, added rogaine foam. I have now been on propecia for about 10 months, and rogaine foam for 6/7. I noticed the initial shed from the foam at the 1-3 month period, but then it stopped completely. I thought I had everything under control and was very happy with my results.

Now, at the 6 month mark, things are different. I have been shedding more than ever, and my hair looks worse than before I started any treatment at all. I have been researching for weeks and keep hearing about rogaine causing shedding early on, but not about this. Let's just say I am at a crossroads... do I drop the rogaine and just use propecia? maybe im one of the 50% who it doesnt work for? but then, i could potentially jeopardize any growth I have achieved. Or, do I power through, risk making things worse and see if it gets better?

Obviously I know that everyone has a different experience, I just need some guidance and to hear what other people have gone through. Hairloss sucks, especially at this age. I have a decent amount still, I just want to preserve what I have and not let it get worse.

Thanks.