+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

playsound My Hairloss Story *6 Years of Pictures* 1 Year of Action!

Hi guys,

I wanted to share my story with all of you. I have been using Propecia since September 2010. I have found that Propecia for the most part halted the hairloss but not have much impact in terms of regrowth. It did however thicken the hair I already have and I did not experience any side effects from the drug.

On the 21st July I started using Minoxidil x2 a day applied to the hairline only where I am experiencing thinning. I have been taking photos every three weeks to document my progress. On the 1st August photo you can see how the shedding has had an effect on the general thickness of my hair. In the past six weeks I have noticed a real decrease in shedding and my hairline is getting thicker and easier to style.

Let me know what you think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair.jpg

Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	11738   Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Years.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	11739  

hey i too had maintenance with prop and added minox in july, def a shed but now have a bunch of baby hairs, so hopefully headed in the right direction

I can see a ton of vellus hairs on my hairline. The area on my right temple which had no hair is now filling in with thicker hairs. If this is what Minoxidil can do in two months I can't wait to see what my hair is like at six months!

They really should not put that it is only for the crown on the bottle. I understand this is because the crown was the only place it was tested in the clinical trials. I brought a bottle of Rogain three years ago and then returned it when I read it was not for use at the temples. How stupid I was!! I should never have waited to get on this stuff

I would like to stop Propecia but feel it would be detrimental to my progress even though it has not done much in terms of regrowth.

I think we are both experiencing the same exact thing, hopefully in a couple months we are both celebrating. Def do not stop the propecia

Agreed!

Propecia is the only thing inhibiting the DHT and stopping more of my hair falling out. The big 3 are working for thankfully so I won't be changing a winning formula. I will always strive for improvement and will add anything which could help me with further gains. Im just so stoked that I'm slowly getting my hold hairline back again.

At this point I would say my hairline is heading back to how it was three years ago. If it returns to anything like the 2006 hairline when I first started to notice thinning I will be over the moon!

My advice too anyone reading this thread who is just starting to experience hair loss attack it with the big3 sooner rather than later. Be sure to take plenty of photos to monitor your progress and do your research. I've learnt so much from reading this forum!

Do you think your hairline has worsened since 2006? From the photos it doesn't look to be the case. Is it just a drop in density?

Anyway, it seems like yours is a success story for both Propecia and Rogaine too. Big thumbs up to that.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi guys .

I think im in the early stages of hair loss im sure, and my hair is thinning at the front im quite convinced.

I went to the doctor and as i have a history of anxiety and depression with that being a hypochondriac admittedly, i explained that this is giving me some worries, so she prescribed 1mg of finasteride to take daily, she didnt know a lot about the drug for hairloss tbh. Im sat here with the prescription looking over all the side affects of the drug, i could take a few of the sex issues as a risk maybe. But the increased chance of high grade prostate cancer is scaring me to death quite frankly. Any opinions on what i should do here?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Do you think your hairline has worsened since 2006? From the photos it doesn't look to be the case. Is it just a drop in density?

Anyway, it seems like yours is a success story for both Propecia and Rogaine too. Big thumbs up to that.
    My hairline has deffiantly been getting worse since 2006 when I first noticed some thinning in that area. Gradually my hair at the front was becoming more and more see-through. Even when I started Propecia in 2010 my hair did not noticeably change (although it did stop getting worse).

I saw Minoxidil as a bit of a gamble because of the shedding. Six weeks in I though to myself, what have I done! I was depressed to loose more and more hairs every day. I'm so thankful that I'm having a positive reponse to the drug two months on. That's whyi want to share my story and hopefully help anyone else who is in a similar position.

I think Minoxidil without Propecia is almost useless. Propecia on it's own is fine if you are only happy to keep what hair you have. If you want significant noticeable improvement you need to add the Minoxidil. I just wish I started sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by r82 View Post
    Hi guys .

I think im in the early stages of hair loss im sure, and my hair is thinning at the front im quite convinced.

I went to the doctor and as i have a history of anxiety and depression with that being a hypochondriac admittedly, i explained that this is giving me some worries, so she prescribed 1mg of finasteride to take daily, she didnt know a lot about the drug for hairloss tbh. Im sat here with the prescription looking over all the side affects of the drug, i could take a few of the sex issues as a risk maybe. But the increased chance of high grade prostate cancer is scaring me to death quite frankly. Any opinions on what i should do here?

thanks.
    There are a lot of scare stories about Propecia. The majority of people have no sides from the drug. Those who do are often the most vocal and many others "think" they have all sorts of things (which may or may not br because of Propecia). Saying that I'd personally rather not be on it but it's working for me so I won't stop unless it gives me sides. Start with 0.5mg for two weeks.. Increase the dose after then and monitor for any changes. Try not to worry too much and hopefully it will be fine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brogain View Post
    There are a lot of scare stories about Propecia. The majority of people have no sides from the drug. Those who do are often the most vocal and many others "think" they have all sorts of things (which may or may not br because of Propecia). Saying that I'd personally rather not be on it but it's working for me so I won't stop unless it gives me sides. Start with 0.5mg for two weeks.. Increase the dose after then and monitor for any changes. Try not to worry too much and hopefully it will be fine for you.
    i hope so dude, im only 17 and my hairline is worse than yours not to mention really really thin which doesn't help ive heard things about propecia so i didnt want to start taking it incase i got some of the side effects but you seem to have had good progress with it so imma get on this shit NOW!