+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Nizoral Shampoo or Alpecin Shampoo

Thoughts anyone?

Would like to know whats the best product out of these two and which can give me the most benefits.

IMO - You will get most benefit from Nizoral.

nfo on Nizoral shampoo:

Nizoral is an anti-fungal shampoo that kills the fungi that cause seborrhea and dandruff.

Groups of individuals have discovered that Nizoral (when used regularly) is a very useful alopecia treatment, once again it would appear that the role of a substance for the treatment of hair-loss is stumbled upon accidentally!

Nizoral contains a chemical called ketoconazole, it is known that when ketoconazole is ingested orally that it inhibits the binding of androgens to receptors in the body and this would include the binding of DHT to hair-follicle receptors.

Furthermore positive results with Nizoral shampoo are often noted within a few weeks, whereas a pure anti-DHT affect may take a few months. It is therefore likely that Nizoral exhibits another method to its anti-hair-loss effect.

One such theory of Nizoral’s anti-alopecia effects may be on its activity upon sebum.

Sebum is a fatty substance that accumulates in the scalp around the hair follicles. It’s possible that the removal of sebum may help “unclog” the hair follicle and expose it to more nutrition from an improved blood supply, rather like unclogging a drain!

It is known that Nizoral can remove and reduce sebum deposits.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Just ordered a bottle of Nizoral after reading so many reviews of it.

Does anyone know how many times per week I should apply it?

Hi mate.

I'm using 2% Nizoral and I apply every third day. So I'll apply Monday, then Thursday, then Sunday, then Wednesday... I can go on if you want

I leave it on for 4-5 minutes then rinse it off. It does this thing to your hair, makes it sort of dry, so lots of people don't like it. But I think it's a good product and I actually kind of like the way the dryness looks.

Also, it MAY BE the case that Nizoral has decreased my hair loss pace a bit, but I can't really tell. All I know is that before when I passed my hand through my hair, some 5-6 hairs would come out each time. Now sometimes my hand goes through without any hair coming out, which of course makes me want to dance. And then some hair falls off and I'm depressed again... lol

I've ordered 4 bottles of ******* 5%, but I'm still scared of the initial shed..

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSage View Post
    Thoughts anyone?
    I've never heard of Alpecin but I have heard of Nizoral A-D. I use Nizoral A-D a couple times per week myself. I can't say that it helps stop hair loss, because I don't know, but I do think it helps to get your scalp clean and healthy so Minoxidil can work the best that it can.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSage View Post
    Does anyone know how many times per week I should apply it?
    I simply followed the directions on the bottle and use it every third or fourth day. The instructions say to do that for up to eight weeks, then only use it as needed to control dandruff. I just continued to use it on the "every third or fouth day" schedule instead of "as needed to control dandruff".

Make sure to also use a really good quality moisturizing conditioner. Nizoral makes your hair look and smell great - but it also dries your hair out.

How long does it take to work?
    I've been having really itchy scalp at times and hoping Nizoral can do something about it.

For an itchy scalp? I honestly don't know. I don't use it for that reason, so I had to google it... It seems that for some people it clears up the itch with the first wash, for most people it clears up the itch with the second wash, and for those few left it clears up the itch after the third wash or more... Now keep in mind that I googled that. I don't actually know for sure. So don't hold be to it.

Yeah, I searched it up too and it apparently does reduce itchiness along with dandruff and fungal infections.

I just received the shampoo today, now should I use it after I use a normal shampoo conditioner or after or by itself?

You use it in place of your regular shampoo twice per week. There are instructions on the bottle. Read, understand and follow them.