+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default why dont HT surgeons sport transplants??

ive been researching the murky world of HT with a view to possibly having a procedure...ive found some disturbing, misleading and contradictory info out there..
    anyway, checking the numerous websites of the transplant mills and surgeons private clinics, has anyone ever noticed that;

THERE ARE NUMEROUS BALD(ING) HT SURGEONS OUT THERE....WHY DONT THEY HAVE A HAIR TRANSPLANT?!?!

i just thought it was quite curious...even some of the most respected names in the business...i wonder why none of them seem to have elected to undertake this surgery?

I dont expect too many replies-i havent had any replies on any other 'difficult' questions...but icertainly thought it was worth raising the issue.
    As a Norwood 2 @40 yrs of age ive got it pretty good, although im continue to shed gradually (my dad is still norwood 1!!)...

im starting to think that maybe the consequences of an 'average' procedure, and then 2nd, 3rd or 4th consecutive procedure may be worse than being balder than a baboons butt..

They probably have accepted / embraced ( pick whatever word you want ) hairloss and it doesn't bother them like it does us

Quote Originally Posted by funkyrimpler View Post
    ive been researching the murky world of HT with a view to possibly having a procedure...ive found some disturbing, misleading and contradictory info out there..
    anyway, checking the numerous websites of the transplant mills and surgeons private clinics, has anyone ever noticed that;

THERE ARE NUMEROUS BALD(ING) HT SURGEONS OUT THERE....WHY DONT THEY HAVE A HAIR TRANSPLANT?!?!

i just thought it was quite curious...even some of the most respected names in the business...i wonder why none of them seem to have elected to undertake this surgery?

I dont expect too many replies-i havent had any replies on any other 'difficult' questions...but icertainly thought it was worth raising the issue.
    As a Norwood 2 @40 yrs of age ive got it pretty good, although im continue to shed gradually (my dad is still norwood 1!!)...

im starting to think that maybe the consequences of an 'average' procedure, and then 2nd, 3rd or 4th consecutive procedure may be worse than being balder than a baboons butt..
    they are in it for the money, bottom line

they know it isn't safe or a solution it just wouldn't make sense to tell the truth.

don't do it

why would you say HT is not safe?

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    why would you say HT is not safe?
    because they are doing something totally unnatural for your body. Cutting a chunk of your scalp out and stretching it to resurface your entire head again isn't really what I would consider safe or natural.

They have to shoot you up with chemicals over and over again for pain.

my doctor puncture or sliced a muscle in my neck by cutting too low. A neck injury is serious. I have had pain and weakness for over two years because of this incompetent phony. I have a scar tissue lump in my neck caused by him.

I was expecting some stitches in and stitches out type of procedure, but got 5 trips to a neck doctor in return. 2 MRI's, a biopsy that I declined to go through, which has to add up to thousands of dollars.

Dr. ALexander is counting my money.

There are in fact HT doctors that have the procedure done. I do know some of them but it is not my place to name them. The ones that I do know do in fact tell their patients if asked but the problem is that they had it done by one of their colleages and don't want to give their patients away.

In other words, most of them feel that they do better work than the colleage who did their procedure. Otherwise if they were to start talking about what great work they had done themselves by doctor so and so, you might just drop what you are doing and "go to that doctor too".

It's the ones that had the work done and "practice togethor" within the same clinic that are the most open about it.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    because they are doing something totally unnatural for your body. Cutting a chunk of your scalp out and stretching it to resurface your entire head again isn't really what I would consider safe or natural.

They have to shoot you up with chemicals over and over again for pain.

my doctor puncture or sliced a muscle in my neck by cutting too low. A neck injury is serious. I have had pain and weakness for over two years because of this incompetent phony. I have a scar tissue lump in my neck caused by him.

I was expecting some stitches in and stitches out type of procedure, but got 5 trips to a neck doctor in return. 2 MRI's, a biopsy that I declined to go through, which has to add up to thousands of dollars.

Dr. ALexander is counting my money.
    Hello Mr. 4000,

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation but to write off hair transplants as being something unnatural is a bit of faulty logic. There are numerous other medical procedures done that are completely unnatural. For example, someone who has cancer on their tongue will have it removed. The surgeons can then take muscle from the leg or arm and use it to replace that part of the tongue. Completely unnatural but it serves a purpose.

I tell you what's unnatural, it's being bald. Having a spot of bare skin in the middle of your head -where there used to be hair- is unnatural and freakish and plain ugly. These days people have all kinds of procedures done on their bodies. People using eyes, kidneys, hands and even faces of other DEAD people. Now, compare that to having hairs from your own body moved around a few inches to the front and tell me which is unnatural. It's no different than having skin grafts for burn victims. So, I just don't know what's unnatural about HTs.

i understand the points made here and they are valid.

If you had a procedure you would know exactly what Im talking about. YOu have to know what it feels like and see what it looks like to really know.

I am trying my best to write about it to help others, but it is never the same as the experience. Believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    i understand the points made here and they are valid.

If you had a procedure you would know exactly what Im talking about. YOu have to know what it feels like and see what it looks like to really know.

I am trying my best to write about it to help others, but it is never the same as the experience. Believe me.
    Dude, I've had 5 HTs. That's right, 5. It's just that I'm one unlucky SOB that a lot of my transplanted hair keeps falling out. Believe me, if I had an endless supply of hair I'd keep getting HTs until the last day of my miserable life. I know it's (HT) NOT the best thing in the world, but I'd do anything to not be bald.