+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spex, you have once again made the same extremely irresponsible comment which is especially dangerous when you present yourself as being a consultant to a medical office.
    What my comment has to do with me being a consultant for HT's i dont know but hey here to be knocked whatever the opportunity i suppose.

LOL - My comment, wait for it... was meant as a joke... Of course it isnt a fertility drug. Scheesch!

I made a "comment" regarding that after conceiving TWINS at first attempt i had no issues conceiving and the fact i conceived twins ( boy /girl) shows to me personally that finasteride had NO effect on me AT ALL - therefore i think it could be a fertility drug ( JOKE) as i had boy and girl twins ( rare combo)

Maybe it did in actual fact and hindered my fertility and if i had not been on it for 12 years i could have had 8 kids.....

I know 1000's of guys who have no issues with propecia - only ever come across a few who have had issues with it. You will always find negative stuff about anything you want to find negative stuff on.
    Last edited by Spex; 10-04-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I have been on Propecia/Proscar cut in 4s for 14 years. It did what it was supposed to do. It held my hairloss mostly at bay. I never overdosed or took more than recommended. Many times I have skipped 1-3 day, unintentionally for the most part. To some degree I feel fortunate to have had no problems with side effects and to not have had hair loss advance much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    What my comment has to do with me being a consultant for HT's i dont know but hey here to be knocked whatever the opportunity i suppose.

LOL - My comment, wait for it... was meant as a joke... Of course it isnt a fertility drug. Scheesch!

I made a "comment" regarding that after conceiving TWINS at first attempt i had no issues conceiving and the fact i conceived twins ( boy /girl) shows to me personally that finasteride had NO effect on me AT ALL - therefore i think it could be a fertility drug ( JOKE) as i had boy and girl twins ( rare combo)

Maybe it did in actual fact and hindered my fertility and if i had not been on it for 12 years i could have had 8 kids.....

I know 1000's of guys who have no issues with propecia - only ever come across a few who have had issues with it. You will always find negative stuff about anything you want to find negative stuff on.
    i really want to take it spex but im scared after reading about cancer and what not on wikipedia. I admit this is lame, but i cant help being a little scared to put a drug in my body that could harm me, id prefer to go bald than anything to happen to me. Any views you have would be great.

Simple - just rule it out then and do not take it as having the fear going into it will only trigger side effects. You are fighting a loosing battle going into the meds expecting the worst IMHO.

I remeber a case and this is seriously true where one guy had THE FEAR and thought he had sides even from touching the first ever tablet on his journey - not taking it , touching it... ....
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

thats a fair point, until i get away any fears of side effects etc im best off just leaving it.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by r82 View Post
    thats a fair point, until i get away any fears of side effects etc im best off just leaving it.

You shouldn't avoid Propecia simply because you physiologically are afraid of taking it but rather that it is your body demonstrating how devastated you would be if you developed permanent side effects. If you valued hair much more than sexual function you would not hesitate to take the drug.

In my case, I was fearless when taking the medication after being falsely assured by doctors that the side effects were minimal and always went away after you stopped taking the drug. Had I been aware that the side effects were valid and not just the echoings of crazy people on the internet I would not have thought twice about trying Propeica. Go for minoxidil or the handful of other treatments that remedy hairloss. They may not work as well but they're infinitely safer.

One positive is that I never have to worry about finding chicks to hook up with anymoore becuase propecia gave me persistent ed after dicontinuation

Quote Originally Posted by PropeciaVictim View Post
    Go for minoxidil or the handful of other treatments that remedy hairloss. They may not work as well but they're infinitely safer.
    could you go into detail what the others are please mate?

I've been on Propecia for 8 months. Definitely losing LOTS of hair still. I do plan on at least getting to the 1 year mark because I've read that some people don't stabilize until the 14 month mark. Maybe some people's DHT levels are high or resistant? I haven't really had any side effects (other than what I perceive to be increased shedding, first around 2 months and now again around 7-8 month mark). I do feel my libido dropped SLIGHTLY but then again that also may just be in my head as a lot of us feel more self conscious due to hair loss....

Quote Originally Posted by baldrock View Post
    I do feel my libido dropped SLIGHTLY but then again that also may just be in my head as a lot of us feel more self conscious due to hair loss....
    Oh yeah... It's just in your head buddy. For all you believers that maybe "it's just in your head".. take this little test, (that I assure you will prove it's not in your head). Stop taking the drug for a month or two, and see if you notice any difference in your erections or libido... then you will know what's "in your head" vs. what's in the f*cking drug!