+ Reply to Thread

Default Unexplained hairloss....

I posted here a few months ago about losing hair that I'd say is enough to be considered "balding". I convinced myself I was balding, and I accepted it. 5 months ago is when all this started. I took pictures and all that.

Fast forward to today, and I look and compare the photos... Even though I'm still losing hair (not as much, it actually slowed down), there is NO difference between the pictures of today and 5 months ago.... Like, everything checks out, no difference in the temples, no thinning in the crown, hair still feels "thick", and in those 5 months, I got several hair cuts, and it always grew back to the original length.

I don't understand.... If I'm not balding, what the hell is this?

By the way, my hair loss per day varies. Some days I'm sure I lose over 100, and some days I'm sure I lose like, 30...=/ For example:

Some days I comb my hair, a lot falls out.
    Some days I comb my hair, and literally nothing falls out.

What the hell is going on?

Again, no one in my entire family is completely bald. My dad is 48, and he is norwood 2, both my grandpa's are over 70 and they are Norwood 4.

Quote Originally Posted by worried2568 View Post
    I posted here a few months ago about losing hair that I'd say is enough to be considered "balding". I convinced myself I was balding, and I accepted it. 5 months ago is when all this started. I took pictures and all that.

Fast forward to today, and I look and compare the photos... Even though I'm still losing hair (not as much, it actually slowed down), there is NO difference between the pictures of today and 5 months ago.... Like, everything checks out, no difference in the temples, no thinning in the crown, hair still feels "thick", and in those 5 months, I got several hair cuts, and it always grew back to the original length.

I don't understand.... If I'm not balding, what the hell is this?

By the way, my hair loss per day varies. Some days I'm sure I lose over 100, and some days I'm sure I lose like, 30...=/ For example:

Some days I comb my hair, a lot falls out.
    Some days I comb my hair, and literally nothing falls out.

What the hell is going on?

Again, no one in my entire family is completely bald. My dad is 48, and he is norwood 2, both my grandpa's are over 70 and they are Norwood 4.
    I looked back at the threads you started and found no photos. What caused you to think you were losing hair? Was it purely the amount you were shedding or do you have any receding at the hairline as firm evidence?

I believe you were worried about your hair being see-through, and were told how this can be very normal, especially under certain lighting conditions.

I can't possibly know for sure if you are losing hair or not. Your shedding seems to fit within the known normal range for daily loss. If you are losing hair then it is possible for many months to go by without noticing a difference, if the loss is slow enough that there isn't anything you can see, such as receding temples, or feel, such as a significant reduction in density.

I would just keep an eye out for changes and not worry too much about it until you know for sure.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I looked back at the threads you started and found no photos. What caused you to think you were losing hair? Was it purely the amount you were shedding or do you have any receding at the hairline as firm evidence?

I believe you were worried about your hair being see-through, and were told how this can be very normal, especially under certain lighting conditions.

I can't possibly know for sure if you are losing hair or not. Your shedding seems to fit within the known normal range for daily loss. If you are losing hair then it is possible for many months to go by without noticing a difference, if the loss is slow enough that there isn't anything you can see, such as receding temples, or feel, such as a significant reduction in density.

I would just keep an eye out for changes and not worry too much about it until you know for sure.
    The photos are on my camera and I don't have the wire needed to upload them onto the computer.:P The only thing that caused me to think I'm balding is the amount of shedding I had. Even now, there is no hair line receding, thinning at the crown, etc. Like I mentioned in earlier threads, the only time I can see scalp is when my hair is spiked up. Otherwise, regardless of how wet the hair is, you can't see any.

Thanks for the input!

The shedding alone is no reason to believe that the balding process has started, as like I said it fits within the normal range. I use Propecia and I still shed about as much as you do (at least) and this has been going on for years without and change in density. Those hairs are growing back.

Just keep a regular but non-obsessive eye on your hair and look out for changes in density or the beginning of hairline recession. That's honestly all you need to do at this point.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com