Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    • Sep 2011

best place to go for advice?

Hi all. What is the best place to go for advice on what to do about my receding hairline.
    Should I go to my GP, Dermatologist or a hair clinic? Obviously I don't want to shell out loads of money for a consult but I do want honest and good advice on what is the best way forward.
    I live in south east England, not far from Guildford.
    Thanks all
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

If baldness runs in the family, then you know your hair loss is due to hereditary reasons and not something else (illness, fungal infection....). As you might already know, there are ONLY two things that work....for some. Minoxidil and Finasteride (Propecia, or a much cheapers alternative Proscar). No need for consultation or prescription for Minox but you do need a prescription for the latter unless you get it online. No need to waste money on Dermatologists or whatever.

Comment

• Samiam
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
      If baldness runs in the family, then you know your hair loss is due to hereditary reasons and not something else (illness, fungal infection....). As you might already know, there are ONLY two things that work....for some. Minoxidil and Finasteride (Propecia, or a much cheapers alternative Proscar). No need for consultation or prescription for Minox but you do need a prescription for the latter unless you get it online. No need to waste money on Dermatologists or whatever.
      You're saying the online fin is reliable??

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
        • Apr 2011

There seem to at least a couple of sites that are considered reliable -by people on this forum and others. I have never bought Fin online but it doesn't mean all online sites are bad.

Comment

• bokkie
          • Sep 2011

thanks for advice. Where can I get Fin online that is genuine and reliable? I have heard of a DR Ashcroft who is supposedly a real doctor that does telephone consults. Not to sure though.
          From what I've heard a uk doctor will only prescribe propecia for MPB, which is way to expensive for me. I was looking at Proscar, but how can i get my hands on it?

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bokkie
            thanks for advice. Where can I get Fin online that is genuine and reliable? I have heard of a DR Ashcroft who is supposedly a real doctor that does telephone consults. Not to sure though.
            From what I've heard a uk doctor will only prescribe propecia for MPB, which is way to expensive for me. I was looking at Proscar, but how can i get my hands on it?
            The name that I keep seeing -on regrowth.com for example- is unitedphamacies.
            I can't remember the other one. I don't know if they have Proscar but they do have generic Fin and from what I read it's considered a legit business. Search the forums . But if you don't want to buy online just ask your doctor for a prescription and buy it at a drug store. Some hair transplant doctors might help you with that too.

Comment

• GreatSage
              • Sep 2011

UnitedPharmacy and Inhouse Pharmacy is where most people are getting it from.

I'm in the UK so I bought mine from United Pharmacy; 4 months worth for £31 including delivery, service was quick and easy too.

Comment

• bokkie
                • Sep 2011

Thx guys. Now just to get over my fear of the possibility of becoming impotent, maybe I'll get some.

Comment

• bokkie
                  • Sep 2011

Just been on the unitedpharmacies.co.uk. and there is to much choice.
                  Fincar, finpecia, proscar... any ideas on which is best quality and results wise from this site?

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                    • Apr 2011

I use proscar (buy it at a local drug store). I think they all are Finasteride basically.

Comment

• GreatSage
                      • Sep 2011

Just been on the unitedpharmacies.co.uk. and there is to much choice.
                      Fincar, finpecia, proscar... any ideas on which is best quality and results wise from this site?
                      They're all pretty much the same thing; just they get them all from different locations.

I bought the Finax 1mg tablets, 30 per pack.

Comment

• mattj
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Oct 2009

Dr Ashcroft can prescribe Proscar - the original Merck brand or quality generic versions. Basically the full range of options for different budgets. A good choice, IMO.
                        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• 8868alex
                          • May 2010

Dr Ashcroft is a reliable source but quite hard to get hold of. If you are from the UK, then speak to Spex (if you don't know him do a basic Google Search -Spex hair loss uk or variation thereof). He originally advocated Dr Ashcroft I believe, but now he uses a Dr Singh from the Crawley region. The site is UkFinasterideinfo.com I think, but go direct to Spex if you prefer. I get generic Finpecia (1mg) and it costs about £189 per year. Alternatively, they do the 5mg Proscar which I believe is cheaper again. The actual website looks basic but I have checked this out and feel confident with them. Again, speak to Spex.. here is a nice little interview he did with Spencer.

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

• bokkie
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 8868alex
                            Dr Ashcroft is a reliable source but quite hard to get hold of. If you are from the UK, then speak to Spex (if you don't know him do a basic Google Search -Spex hair loss uk or variation thereof). He originally advocated Dr Ashcroft I believe, but now he uses a Dr Singh from the Crawley region. The site is UkFinasterideinfo.com I think, but go direct to Spex if you prefer. I get generic Finpecia (1mg) and it costs about £189 per year. Alternatively, they do the 5mg Proscar which I believe is cheaper again. The actual website looks basic but I have checked this out and feel confident with them. Again, speak to Spex.. here is a nice little interview he did with Spencer.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SSPEXX?.../0/ZzeDACwx9LQ
                            Thanks for that info. How long have you been using it for and have you noticed good results? Do you get it from the UkFinasteride.info website?
                            Really appreciate your help

Comment

• 8868alex
                              • May 2010

Hi

Well, I used brand Propecia for about 2 years prior to it. I've been using the generic Finpecia for about 3-4 months. I would say it has been a continuation of the benefit and I have no negative issues to report. Yes, I buy from this site. I was very nervous about doing so initially, but had good communication from the site itself and from Spex. Apparently, he made contact with Dr Singh on a related business issue and established him as a source. I trust Spex so am happy to vouch for this myself. You will have to fil l out a form to get his online prescription. Also, I woud give them advance notice as they tend to have limited stock.

Comment

Working...