+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default best place to go for advice?

Hi all. What is the best place to go for advice on what to do about my receding hairline.
    Should I go to my GP, Dermatologist or a hair clinic? Obviously I don't want to shell out loads of money for a consult but I do want honest and good advice on what is the best way forward.
    I live in south east England, not far from Guildford.
    Thanks all

If baldness runs in the family, then you know your hair loss is due to hereditary reasons and not something else (illness, fungal infection....). As you might already know, there are ONLY two things that work....for some. Minoxidil and Finasteride (Propecia, or a much cheapers alternative Proscar). No need for consultation or prescription for Minox but you do need a prescription for the latter unless you get it online. No need to waste money on Dermatologists or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    If baldness runs in the family, then you know your hair loss is due to hereditary reasons and not something else (illness, fungal infection....). As you might already know, there are ONLY two things that work....for some. Minoxidil and Finasteride (Propecia, or a much cheapers alternative Proscar). No need for consultation or prescription for Minox but you do need a prescription for the latter unless you get it online. No need to waste money on Dermatologists or whatever.
    You're saying the online fin is reliable??

There seem to at least a couple of sites that are considered reliable -by people on this forum and others. I have never bought Fin online but it doesn't mean all online sites are bad.

thanks for advice. Where can I get Fin online that is genuine and reliable? I have heard of a DR Ashcroft who is supposedly a real doctor that does telephone consults. Not to sure though.
    From what I've heard a uk doctor will only prescribe propecia for MPB, which is way to expensive for me. I was looking at Proscar, but how can i get my hands on it?

Quote Originally Posted by bokkie View Post
    thanks for advice. Where can I get Fin online that is genuine and reliable? I have heard of a DR Ashcroft who is supposedly a real doctor that does telephone consults. Not to sure though.
    From what I've heard a uk doctor will only prescribe propecia for MPB, which is way to expensive for me. I was looking at Proscar, but how can i get my hands on it?
    The name that I keep seeing -on regrowth.com for example- is unitedphamacies.
    I can't remember the other one. I don't know if they have Proscar but they do have generic Fin and from what I read it's considered a legit business. Search the forums . But if you don't want to buy online just ask your doctor for a prescription and buy it at a drug store. Some hair transplant doctors might help you with that too.

UnitedPharmacy and Inhouse Pharmacy is where most people are getting it from.

I'm in the UK so I bought mine from United Pharmacy; 4 months worth for £31 including delivery, service was quick and easy too.

Thx guys. Now just to get over my fear of the possibility of becoming impotent, maybe I'll get some.

Just been on the unitedpharmacies.co.uk. and there is to much choice.
    Fincar, finpecia, proscar... any ideas on which is best quality and results wise from this site?

I use proscar (buy it at a local drug store). I think they all are Finasteride basically.