+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogaine, shedding grow back if I stop?

Hey,

I am 21 year old guy now, I started using Rogaine 5% right after I turned 19 and I used it for about 8 months, and all was good. But during a month that summer I didn't use it and then when I started using it again I started shedding a lot. So after 3 weeks of shedding I stopped and started using Propecia instead. But after about half a year I wanted to do something about my receding hairline so i started with Rogaine 5% again. There was a little bit of shedding in the beginning but I stopped after a while and i continued until now. But during the past three weeks I have been shedding a lot, again.

I'm not sure what to do, I'm not sure i want to risk going all the way with Rogaine and perhaps lose even more hair or just stick with Propecia and the vitamins. What do you think? And if I stop taking Rogaine will my shedded hair grow back as it was before? I'm pretty desperate at the moment.

Thank you!
    Viktor

Viktor, to enjoy benefits from minoxidil use, it has to be CONSTANT. Sure, it doesn't hurt to miss a day here and there, but you can't really stop and start the way you did.

Because you see, when minox works, you shed in the beginning, then grow. If you quit, you shed everything you grew and are as bald as before and possibly balder, because your natural hair loss will have caught up as well.

Then you start minox again for a month, so the initial shed kicks in, then, before you can see results, you quit again, so you shed AGAIN without having any growth.

If you are to undergo Big3 treatment it has to be for LIFE and DAILY. It is not a game, it is a serious lifelong commitment. So either give up on all of that right now, or start using minox and a keto shampoo as well and don't miss a day again until Replicel comes to market. You should see some improvement in 8-10 months from now if you stick to the treatment RELIGIOUSLY.

Even if you apply Rogaine religiously it still won't work forever. It kinda bothers me when people say you need to apply it for the rest of your life. You'll have to apply it for 5 or so years or however long it is effective for you.

My bad, kanyon is right.

You'll see benefits anywhere between 5-12 years with Minox, depending on how you respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    Viktor, to enjoy benefits from minoxidil use, it has to be CONSTANT. Sure, it doesn't hurt to miss a day here and there, but you can't really stop and start the way you did.

Because you see, when minox works, you shed in the beginning, then grow. If you quit, you shed everything you grew and are as bald as before and possibly balder, because your natural hair loss will have caught up as well.

Then you start minox again for a month, so the initial shed kicks in, then, before you can see results, you quit again, so you shed AGAIN without having any growth.

If you are to undergo Big3 treatment it has to be for LIFE and DAILY. It is not a game, it is a serious lifelong commitment. So either give up on all of that right now, or start using minox and a keto shampoo as well and don't miss a day again until Replicel comes to market. You should see some improvement in 8-10 months from now if you stick to the treatment RELIGIOUSLY.
    Can I ask whats Replicel?

Thank you guys!

But I thinking about stop taking Rogaine. Just to confirm my previous question, will any of the shedded hair that i have lost in the past weeks grow back with out my continuous usage of Rogaine?

There is a very big and exciting thread about Replicel going on in this board, check it out.

To put it roughly, if all goes well, they claim that by 2014-15 they'll have an anti-baldness injection on the market. The theory is, you get a shot every 5 years and not only do you not lose more hair, but you grow back the lost. We'll know about it's efficacy for sure around mid 2012, when 6 months will have passed for all test subjects involved.

And if you start using Regain again, yes, some of the lost regain-dependent hair will come back.

Well i've been using Rogaine 5% (liquid) for over a month now, and my thinning is now gone (my hair is a bit longer now), and the shedding has stopped, completely! I've been using it it 2 times a day! And yes i had a severe shedding in the beginning. No mathher how much i rup my scalp or aplly things to it i NEVER shed more than 5-10(max) hairs!

This shit is working!

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    There is a very big and exciting thread about Replicel going on in this board, check it out.

To put it roughly, if all goes well, they claim that by 2014-15 they'll have an anti-baldness injection on the market. The theory is, you get a shot every 5 years and not only do you not lose more hair, but you grow back the lost. We'll know about it's efficacy for sure around mid 2012, when 6 months will have passed for all test subjects involved.

And if you start using Regain again, yes, some of the lost regain-dependent hair will come back.

sorry to bump this thread, but this post caught all my attention. I know that sometimes ppl are overhyping things with their optimism, but is this actually true? now its 2014, are there any news on this "injection" ?