+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro5422 View Post
    Hey guys. Sure, I don't mind saying what the docs recommended in my case. I have yet to hear from Dr. Gho's office so we'll see if they contact me.

Just to summarize, I was never completely bald or even close. Just a diffuse thinning pattern. My approach was to do something about it early, but be conservative so that I could deal with my hair loss as it progressed. That seems to be the opposite of what the industry likes to do though. In general it seems that most would have you wait until you're 40 or so, your loss has slowed, and then fill in your bald areas. My philosophy was why be unhappy for 20 more years when you don't even know what will happen in that time.

I had my first procedure with Dr. Wolf 3 years ago, and I researched for many years before that. 1,300 FUE into the front third of my scalp. Its not an amazingly thick transplant, but it looks good (especially from the front) and it kept me from being bald, which I am very thankful for. I also utilize Rogaine consistently. I was on Propecia but had to stop due to side effects. I'm starting to get pretty thin, mainly in the crown and to an extent the midscalp. Here are what the docs have said:

Dr. Greco - I approached him a couple years ago about PRP. He basically said it was worth a shot, but didn't seem very enthusiastic.

Dr. Hitzig - He initially recommended Acell+PRP injections, and I almost went through with them. I decided to hold off until the September conference to see if anything would be revealed, but unfortunately it doesn't look like much great news came out of that. He said that I would do "very well" with a transplant and the injections, and that I'm a good candidate for them.

Dr. Cooley, Dr. Cole, Dr. Wong - They all had similar ideas so I've grouped them together. Dr. Cole favored his modified FUE procedure while the other two recommended tradition FUT surgeries. They all suggested around 2,000 grafts to address the midscalp and crown. Dr. Wong also went on to say that with around 4,000 he could get the front 1/3 thickened even more as well.

They all were of the mindset to be cautious when transplanting into the crown at such an early age, which I completely understand. Being young, my loss will most likely get worse and I don't want to deplete all of my donor hair. That's why Dr. Gho's technique is so appealing. Especially if it performs better when transplanted close to native hair as opposed to a completely bald scalp. My idea is to maintain my front 1/3, get the midscalp to an equal density, and fill in the crown as much as possible. If the front and midscalp looked good I could live with a slightly thinner crown. Dr. Wong seemed to be the most positive about being able to achieve my goal. Dr. Cooley a close second. That's not to say that any of the docs are bad. I think they're all some of the best in the business. They all also recommended Propecia and suggested that I cut the dosage to 1 pill every other day to see if it would alleviate my side effects. I haven't tried that yet.

Sorry this post is getting long and I didn't mean to hijack the thread but hopefully my experience and knowledge search will help some people in a similar situation.

To be honest I would have went through with a procedure with Dr. Wong already if I didn't feel that we were close to having a new breakthrough in the field. I hate to have an ear to ear scar then find out a few months later that Dr. Gho's procedure is for real, ACell has been perfected, or one of the HM companies is about to hit the market with a successful product.
    very nice post . i am in exactly ur same situation exept im 24 and my crown and midscalp are going away hairline is perfect...
    so actually gho is the only solution for us in our situation i think ... but is very expensive...

anyway i added u as friend so we can share more info

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresley View Post
    very nice post . i am in exactly ur same situation exept im 24 and my crown and midscalp are going away hairline is perfect...
    so actually gho is the only solution for us in our situation i think ... but is very expensive...

same here but its all going including the hairline

FML

gho, please save me

Is it true that Spencer is doing a follow up interview with Gho??

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    same here but its all going including the hairline

FML

gho, please save me

Is it true that Spencer is doing a follow up interview with Gho??
    Gho our father who art in Holland hallowed be thy HST... Haha. Where did you hear about a follow up interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Gho our father who art in Holland hallowed be thy HST... Haha. Where did you hear about a follow up interview?
    There is no follow up interview?

can somebody confirm or disconfirm this? CVBAZR seems to be in contact with spencer