+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia side effects in my first week on it

Hi all,

I decided to give Fin a try, 1mg/day. I've been taking it the past five days and I've already got side effects, in particular, lowered volume of ejaculate (and I think it's a little more watery than before) and (I think) lowered libido. I woke up with an erection today, which is a good sign, but I do think that my libido is diminished somewhat.

I'm inclined to stick it out at least until the two-week mark, but this seems like a pretty bad start to me. If the side effects aren't going to improve, I don't think it's worth it.

To people who have tried Fin, did you have side effects, and did they resolve after being on the drug a while? Thanks for any advice.

I had the same issues that early on. At the start of the second week one of nipples was getting sore so I binned the stuff. I came to the conclusion that there's just no way I could take the stuff for the foreseeable future.

Supposedly some get sides for the first couple of weeks and then they subside but I wasn't willing to find out. Wasn't worth it to me but it might be for you. That's just something you're going to have to weigh up. Best of luck.

got really bad brain fog for the first month. At that stage I was suppose to give 2 presentations at a conference I was attending and got really scared I was going to blank out in front of everyone and look like a fool. So I quit it for a few weeks. Try to go on it again and no side effects. So it may be different for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Losing_It View Post
    got really bad brain fog for the first month. At that stage I was suppose to give 2 presentations at a conference I was attending and got really scared I was going to blank out in front of everyone and look like a fool. So I quit it for a few weeks. Try to go on it again and no side effects. So it may be different for everyone.
    DHT does seem to be important for the brain. There's a lot of papers out there about DHT and neurosteroids. There's a correlation between low DHT levels and Alzheimers. Correlation doesn't imply causation as there may be a confounding factor but still it doesn't make good reading. Far too many unknowns in neuroscience for the FDA to be sure it isn't affecting the brain. Especially considering it was approved in 1998.

I used Proscar cut in 1/4 for just over 1 month.

I started to not feel myself after 1 week but not enough for me to conclude it was due to side effects.

By the 2nd week I started feeling really lethargic, loss of energy and motivation, and started to notice morning wood diminishing.

3rd week no more morning wood, also started to notice a periodical blue balls type pain into week 4.

By the 4th week side effects were increasing and becoming more intense.

I quit taking it at about 4.5 weeks and returned to normal within 10 days.

If the side effects I experienced are what I would have to deal with to keep my hair than I would rather be bald.

There's currently a class-action suit in Canada by men who have permanently lost their libido and are totally impotent. Use at your own risk, but I stopped long ago. Thinner hair is better than no sex.

Well it's almost impossible getting a girl in bed with thinning hair. At least you could go down on a girl if you have a decent head of hair but can't get it up.

Quote Originally Posted by kanyon View Post
    Well it's almost impossible getting a girl in bed with thinning hair. At least you could go down on a girl if you have a decent head of hair but can't get it up.
    Yeah, these guys who are too scared of the side effects dont realize that when they're bald, especially at a young age, their chances of having sex are slim, unless they don't mind sleeping with so-called BBWs, or fugly women. They're talking as if Fin is the only obstacle between them and getting laid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but I really don't understand the logic people use when judging things. What percentage of Fin users actually lose their libido/erection permanently ? I don't think it's even 1% but let's say it's even 5%. 5% but they're so scared that they make it sound like it's 95% chance you'll end up having the worst side effects possible. At the same time
    I bet these people when they play lotto they think their ticket is the winning one even though the odds are like 1 in 80 millions.

Personally, if I had to choose between sex and hair I'd take hair any ****ing time without thinking twice. Also, what about men who are unable to date because their self esteem and confidence is -100 because of their hair loss or baldness. What good is having a high sex drive/libido when you can't talk or be in a relationship with a woman because your self esteem and confidence have been destroyed by hair loss ????

I completely agree. There's fun to be had in flirting but that requires confidence. Just living and having a good time with friends and not worrying about hairloss would be great. I think I'd risk erectile distinction to be outgoing and confident again.

[QUOTE=VictimOfDHT;39988]Personally, if I had to choose between sex and hair I'd take hair any ****ing time without thinking twice. QUOTE]

Not me, I'm the total opposite.