+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Do some research on Propecia, realising one day you've ****ed your sex drive for the next 5 - 10 years isnt a nice experience.
    Hi UK, wondering why do you say 5-10 years?

They do prescibe Merck fin as far as I'm aware,but I believe its £90 quarterly now. I just bumped this to see how the op is doing with it out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    They do prescibe Merck fin as far as I'm aware,but I believe its £90 quarterly now. I just bumped this to see how the op is doing with it out of curiosity.
    I was on that scheme, stupidly. The stupidest thing I've ever done (and they made a fuss about giving me the medicine, said at first come back when you've lost more hair). Honestly, I can't believe how stupid I was. Never mind the fact that the service ignores important issues like getting essential regular blood tests when taking finasteride.

Happier since I got a year's worth of generic finasteride for £6 in Superdrug using a doctor's prescription.

Just my 2 cents: I have been on the boots hair retention program for approx 6.5 months and I get it through the post (I don't like the idea of speaking to someone in store personally). Like the above, I pay £90 quarterly for it and it is the official branded Merk Propecia.

Their service has been good - always comes the next day after ordering and I am racking up some advantage points with the program.

So far I consider myself to be a good responder to fin - my hair loss has all but halted and my hair has actually thickened up at the front, where I wanted it to.

I think I caught it (my hair loss) at a good age (24) as I am happy enough with my hair/hairline now - so I am just hoping to maintain, rather than re-grow.

I should add I have been using Nizoral twice a week for about a year also, which I do believe helps.

I am not on Minoxidil (yet) as things are going well so far doing what I am doing - and I think it seems a big commitment considering the process/application (harder work than just popping a pill every day!).

If you are confident ordering generics from that UK website in this thread go for it - but I took the decision to pay a bit more and order from boots for that 100% peace of mind you are getting the legit/branded stuff.

P.S no side effects either

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Are you still on the Boots programme? Hows it going if so?
    to be honest ,i could,not be more happy with the results ,i had a spot appearing at the back of my head now its gone completely, my hairs a lot thicker than before,it has,not done anything for the frontal receding areas, although with the hair being thicker it looks less obvious.
    i don't think a £1 a day is that bad when you consider you don't know what your getting of the net,even experts would struggle to tell the genuine thing sometimes,at least in boots i have a bit of confidence,
    im still gunna consider a transplant to the frontal hairline,so again any advise would be welcome,also think hairloss is a problem and i like to talk to people and accept i have a problem,its how i deal with it ,works for me any how ,

So how long have you been on it now, what dosage?

about 14 months now i take 1 tablet a day 1mg ,should i up the dosage

Quote Originally Posted by paddyman2 View Post
    about 14 months now i take 1 tablet a day 1mg ,should i up the dosage
    And you feel ok in that time, no sides? Hey I can't recommend a dosage, there's many theories on that around. But I certainly wouldn't up it from 1mg.

yehh never felt better ,in fact probably better than before ,no probs with sex drive ect all good , im 45 now and thinking get the front sorted happy days i went to see farjos ,but never filled me with confidence,i ve never seen a transplant in the flesh are they noticeable? would love to see one

Have you got any before/after pics you'd be willing to post? I've never seen a transplant in real life myself tbh. Pleased you're doing well with the boots service. I know it's frowned upon price wise but if I ever took the plunge id use it, for peace of mind.