+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry I was on about cheap flights - NOT cheap surgeons....totally different.

I did a lot of research on this company, requested a signed contract before sending the deposit. I spoke to 2 people that had FUE HT done there (not that you can ever be sure if they are real). Money was a feature as I am not Wayne Rooney with £30k.

But having been through the surgery, I cannot recommend to anyone. I would give you the grisly details about the surgeon stopping for fag breaks. Having a translator with you who lies to the answer to your questions - as the truth was too scarey but I don't want to put other of the procedure. If I could go back two weeks and not have it done - I WOULD.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieRoo22 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I had my procedure done at the Jinemed Clinic Turkey as everything in the UK is twice the price.

I did a lot of research and checked references got signed contracts and set off all excited. Got all the details I was concerned about in writing. Despite all this the surgeon didn't seem aware of any of our discussions and didn't speak a word of English. Neither did any of the other medical staff, just one admin who only worked 9-5 and I seen for no more than 15 mins in 3 days.

I asked to see the person who I had e-mailed as a director of the clinic to complain and show him the state they left my hair. But told he didn't work Saturdays and he took a week to reply to my complaints with a reply that he believed my complaint was unfounded.

These included the A/C not working in Sept at 81C. Told the staff who opened the window - which made it hotter. Spent 3 days with curtains drawn and wet towels in fridge.

The lights (on motion sensor) in the bathroom kept going off whilst in the shower - so I ended up flooding the shower room jumping in & out.

The noise from the traffic was unbelievable from 5.30am till 3am. (he replied I could have changed to a room at the back) How when none of the staff spoke a word of English????

After they shaved the back of my hair off up to 1" from the top of my hair I was distraught and sobbed through most of the operation. Although apparently I was very happy - Yeah happy to get the hell out of there.

Since coming home, I e-mailed the director and it took a week to reply. I think he just thought I wanted money back.... Stuff that I wanted it to never happen to another person. Feel like they have taken my money done a terrible job and turned their back on me.

Swollen bruised and running a temperature - he will no longer answer my calls or e-mails. Please anyone who is thinking of using this clinic - DON'T
    mate, im so sorry youve had this terrible experience. what an utter betrayal. i havent had an HT but have been researching these forums, and your contribution is solid gold. surely you have some legal recourse.
    ive heard so many bad things about the HT industry im wondering if its all really worth it.#i cant imagine what its been like for you.
    i hope you make a full recovery and are at the very least, no worse off at the end of the recouperation process.
    is there an international body, or breach of law that you can use to pursue them? DO ANY OF THESE CHARLATANS HAVE INSURANCE???
    all the best to you

Quote Originally Posted by Losing_It View Post
    Please guys the price shouldn't be the determining factor for undergoing a HT. There are many great surgeons in the IAHRS so check with them first. Once you are cut you will have to live with the consequences for the rest of your life. Unfortunately you get what you pay for, but I don't think the risk is worth ruining you life for.
    i agree with you general sentiments. you dont always get what you pay for however, lets be honest. that said, cost should not be the determining factor..save more, get a loan, sell something whatever..but dont go bargain basement..

Exclamation So glad for your message

RRRRR thanks for your kind comment, it makes my suffering worth while if it stops others from going thru the same thing. Week number 3 update: My head (receiving area) is still completely numb. I can rest a hairbrush on it and can't feel it. It's like someone had inserted a metal plate between your skull and your skin. Told to use ice packs, but it doesn't feel swollen just numb.

Oh by the way forgot to tell you at the Jinemed Clinic after the surgery they told me to use an ice pack to reduce swelling, they gave me a rubber glove filled with ice cubes. Very swish website but need to spend money on ice-packs.

Would cost me more in legal fees to sue them, than I would get back. Best I can hope for is to stop it happening to others.