New Transplant ..questions? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default New Transplant ..questions?

Hey all, I want to start by giving you all a brief outline of my situation. I had my transplant done with Dr. Epstein about a month ago, the procedure went great and healed without any issues. I had around 3500 graphs done and the first couple of weeks after my procedure I noticed my hairline which I haven't had in like 10 years (I'm 30). I was extremely happy with the results until the past couple of days when my hairs started falling off at a very rapid pace, I didn't panic since I expected this to happen, however I did lose about 30% of the new hairs transplanted.

My main question to you transplant veterans is, what should my expectations be? how long do should I reasonably expect my hair to start growing back from the "shock loss"?

my only issues right now are just very minor irritation in the scalp where it's healing but everything else seems to be doing well.

The same thing happened after my HT with Dr. Cole. He gives out a guide that outlines what you need to do and what is going to happen after the HT.

My transplanted hairs fell out as well, as I was told they would, then I noticed the first real growth around the three month mark. Growth will continue and you should see full cosmetic results between months 9 and 12.

Thanks for the response! It's just a bummer losing all the new hairs! I guess realistically speaking I need to wait at least 3 months before seeing any significant results with most of the hair fully grown by 12 months.

Guess Just have to wait and see! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Black View Post
    Hey all, I want to start by giving you all a brief outline of my situation. I had my transplant done with Dr. Epstein about a month ago, the procedure went great and healed without any issues. I had around 3500 graphs done and the first couple of weeks after my procedure I noticed my hairline which I haven't had in like 10 years (I'm 30). I was extremely happy with the results until the past couple of days when my hairs started falling off at a very rapid pace, I didn't panic since I expected this to happen, however I did lose about 30% of the new hairs transplanted.

My main question to you transplant veterans is, what should my expectations be? how long do should I reasonably expect my hair to start growing back from the "shock loss"?

my only issues right now are just very minor irritation in the scalp where it's healing but everything else seems to be doing well.
    You are right on course!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin