******* 5% ? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ******* 5% ?

Default ******* 5% ?

Guys I just wanted to get your opinion on this matter. Basically, my question is whether you know of ******* (manufactured initially by Dr. Lee) and whether you think it's a good idea for someone like me.

I have only recently realised that I am losing my hair in a diffuse pattern all over the top and especially on the vertex. That said, in the last 5 months I went from fully covered head to a point where you can see I'm going bald on the crown. It's quite thin now.

Now, I don't want Finestiride because of the sides. I have been dreading going on Minoxidil for a while, because I'm afraid of the initial shed. That said, someone told me yesterday that the shed did not happen to him and that he wished he got on Minox earlier. I've decided that I need to take action now, instead of watching myself go bald at a horribly fast pace.

So, I would REALLY appreciate someone telling me that I made the right decision and that minox is a good idea... you know, a bit of encouragement for a confused comrade!

I'd also like to hear whether you know of any cases where the initial shed has not restored?

Finally, what do you think of *******? It's basically 5% Minox and some Azelaic Acid, which supposedly (maybe) acts as a DHT inhibitor in the scalp.

I would very much appreciate insight from the hair loss veterans as well as novices.

Thank you!

I have never tried *******, but I'm leaning towards trying it very soon. I did try Fina for about 1 month and could not stand it due to sides.

I've been chating with a guy on another board about ******* and he is using the 15% with Fina in it. This guy says that he does not get the same bad side effects that he gets with oral fina. I was kind of gung ho to try the 15% with Fina until I saw other people saying 15% is way to high to start with, and 5% is more realistic. The massive shed some people experience also detered me. I'm leaning more toward trying 5% now.

It would be nice to hear what others have used for their ******* regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bash View Post
    I have never tried *******, but I'm leaning towards trying it very soon. I did try Fina for about 1 month and could not stand it due to sides.

I've been chating with a guy on another board about ******* and he is using the 15% with Fina in it. This guy says that he does not get the same bad side effects that he gets with oral fina. I was kind of gung ho to try the 15% with Fina until I saw other people saying 15% is way to high to start with, and 5% is more realistic. The massive shed some people experience also detered me. I'm leaning more toward trying 5% now.

It would be nice to hear what others have used for their ******* regimen.
    Yeah mate that's exactly my position. I was going to go on 15% with Fin but after some extra research I figured it might be better to start off with 5% minox and some sort of DHT inhibitor - I'll have a go at Azelaic Acid, let's see how it works.

I was dreading the shed, but I sat down and thought about it - I lost so much hair in the last 5 months that I've got a MAXIMUM of one year at this rate before I have to shave my head. So what the heck, might as well try it out now...

Any other kind peoples who have ******* experience / thoughts? Please do share!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I was dreading the shed, but I sat down and thought about it - I lost so much hair in the last 5 months that I've got a MAXIMUM of one year at this rate before I have to shave my head. So what the heck, might as well try it out now...

Any other kind peoples who have ******* experience / thoughts? Please do share!
    I don't know what to tell you. Maybe if you are that far along you should go for it because you might not have anything to loose. It would be wise to start Finestiride if you can tolerate it. I myself experience to many side effects from Finestride.

It would be nice if someone else would chime in here.

It would be nice if someone else would chime in here.
    O.K., lets start from the beginning then.

Guys I just wanted to get your opinion on this matter. Basically, my question is whether you know of ******* (manufactured initially by Dr. Lee) and whether you think it's a good idea for someone like me.
    The absolute best thing you can do for yourself is find a doctor in your area who specializes in treating hair loss - and stick to the FDA approved medications Finasteride and Minoxidil.

I've never heard of *******. It is likely just another over priced version of generic Minoxidil with some snake oil added to "justify" a higher price. Your money is better spent at your local pharmacy on Rogaine foam and/or generic Minoxidil liquid - and a consultation with a doctor.

As I understand it, the side effects of Propecia (1mg Finasteride) are rare.

I have been dreading going on Minoxidil for a while, because I'm afraid of the initial shed.
    Shedding is a normal part of the process. Shedding is an indication that treatment is working. Think of it as the weaker hairs need to be shed out of the way so stronger hairs can grow in their place.

So, I would REALLY appreciate someone telling me that I made the right decision and that minox is a good idea... you know, a bit of encouragement for a confused comrade!
    Minoxidil is a good idea. As I understand it, Minoxidil works better when used with Propecia (1mg Finasteride). Another good idea is to find yourself a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

I would very much appreciate insight from the hair loss veterans as well as novices.
    Some things I think are helpful...

First and foremost, be consistently compliant about treating your hair loss. Skipping doses or treating it "off and on" is not going to do you any good.

Use Rogaine foam in the morning and generic 5% Minoxidil liquid at night. This is just to help save money.

Wash your hair with Nizoral A-D shampoo a couple times a week - make sure to use a good quality moisturizing conditioner.

Gently massage your scalp with a natural boar bristle hair brush before you apply your evening dose of Minoxidil. Don't brush hard, just slow and gentile. It should feel pleasant and comforting. If it doesn't, you are brushing too hard.

Almost four years ago, my primary care doctor suggested I give the laser comb a try. So I bought one and I've been using it as directed ever since. I feel it is helpful when used with FDA approved medication, though I do not feel it is a good "stand-alone" treatment. It does make what hair you still have look great though.

What's the difference between ******* and Regaine?

Regaine is Rogaine, which is the name brand version of the topical medication Minoxidil. Topical Minoxidil is proven effective in treating hair loss.

******* is not available here in the US. ******* is generic topical Minoxidil with Finasteride added. Finasteride is proven effective in treating hair loss when taken orally. I could find no evidence to substantiate the claim that topically applied Finasteride is effective in treating hair loss. Which is likely one of the reasons why the FDA stopped sales of ******* in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    ******* is not available here in the US. ******* is generic topical Minoxidil with Finasteride added. Finasteride is proven effective in treating hair loss when taken orally. I could find no evidence to substantiate the claim that topically applied Finasteride is effective in treating hair loss. Which is likely one of the reasons why the FDA stopped sales of ******* in the US.
    Sorry, but this statement is not completely accurate.

There are different percentages of Minoxidil in the different ******* products. Finasteride is in one of the ******* products (I think its called ******* 15+)

As far as ******* not being available here in the US, from what I have heard, that is also not completely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSage View Post
    What's the difference between ******* and Regaine?
    I think ******* is mixed with Azelaic Acid instead of propylene glycol

Sorry, but this statement is not completely accurate.

There are different percentages of Minoxidil in the different ******* products. Finasteride is in one of the ******* products (I think its called ******* 15+)

As far as ******* not being available here in the US, from what I have heard, that is also not completely accurate.
    O.K., I'll rephrase. ******* is not available via legitimate channels in the US.

At best, ******* is just another hokey product - an over priced concoction of generic Minoxidil and "other stuff". At worse, ******* might cause harm. This junk is not worth your time or money.

Your body is your body and your money is your money. Do with them what you want. I need results and I need the treatments to be safe, so I'll stick with the FDA approved treatments.