+ Reply to Thread

Default IGROW laser light

Hello,
    Anyone have any experience with the IGROW Laser? It has more lasers then the combs and seems a lot less burdensome to use. I acutally saw it on Dr. Jeffery Epstein's website, and he does not seem one who would have anything on his site that is not worthy.

Thanks

My personal opinion based on experience with lasers is they are all BS. Be careful
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Inactive

If you have ever used one of these lazers you can feel the increased blood flow to your eyes. Its very evident these lazers are not paper weights. After a few months of using them your hair will be stronger and thicker. With that said like most treatment options you will yeild little regrowth and maybe none. Unless you get one for cheap its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    My personal opinion based on experience with lasers is they are all BS.
    I don't agree - but what do I know... If you had said the effectiveness is greatly overstated, I would agree with that - but I still feel laser can be helpful for some people. Here is why I feel the way I do about it.

Almost four years ago, my primary care doctor at the time told me the Hairmax laser comb had been cleared by the FDA for treating hair loss. He suggested giving the laser comb a try since I had a problem with Rogaine 2% ten years prior (chest pains). So I bought a laser comb in November of 2007 and have been using it ever since. This was how I started on the road to treating my hair loss.

For that first six months, I used only the laser comb. I can't say if any new hair had grown back or not - but I can say that the hair I still had looked a whole lot better. So much so that everybody noticed. Two of my friends even bought laser combs for themselves because of what they had seen it do for me. Both of those ladies experienced the same thing I did. The laser comb dramatically improved the look of their hair. This benefit alone almost makes the laser comb worth the high price.

The second six months I decided to give Rogaine another try and use it along with the laser comb. Since I had a problem with 2% twice a day years before, I tried once a day for about two months - basically till that bottle was empty. I didn't have any problems with that so I tried 2% twice a day again - and this time I didn't have any problems. From there I progressed until I was able to use 5% twice a day. By the end of that second six month period, it was obvious that some hair had grown back. It was patchy - but it looked like normal hair, not peach fuzz. I am convinced that the reason it was normal hair instead of peach fuzz is because I was also using the laser comb.

By the end of that year I knew I would respond to treatment, so I contacted a doctor who specialized in hair restoration. I continued to treat it for another year after that and I did grow back some more hair. It wasn't enough though and it was still patchy, so we moved forward with hair transplant surgery. The doctor I chose did an excellent job blending what I had a providing more coverage... I want more - but what he has done so far has been excellent.

So in my experience as a user of the laser comb for almost four years, I would say laser is not a good stand alone treatment - but it is a reasonably good "add on" treatment for some people. Obviously, it won't work for everybody. Nothing does. The price is higher than it should be - but it is what it is. At least Hairmax offers a pretty reasonable money back guarantee. I've never heard of the "Igrow" laser before today. So I don't know what their arrangement is. If it I were stating from the beginning now - and knew what I know now, I would still buy a Hairmax laser comb.

THANK YOU, Tracy C. Because of your post I am going to give the laser comb a shot. Yes I do see it's an older post but so what.

Thanks, very infromative post.

Is laser safe a month after a fue transplant to help with shock loss?

Yeah, in fact laser comb is considered as a good complement to hair transplant. However, there is conflicting opinion about its use after transplant. Few suggest waiting for 10 days before starting with the comb so as not to disrupt the hair follicles; whereas other believes to start on the day of surgery as much as 4 times a day. Afterwards you can use it 3-4 times a week. The treatment should take 10 to 15 minutes maximum. They believes that it not only assist in healing process of the surgery but also reduces post operative discomfort, and encourages early hair transplant graft growth.
    Ideally, you should consult with the physician who performed your transplant. He or she will be able to give you specific feedback on when to use device post-op and you should stick to his advice for optimum results.