Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jarrod
    • Oct 2008

Hey Guys!

Hey everyone! My name is Jarrod and I'm going bald. I've been losing my hair for the past year. I'm 21 years old and thinning pretty bad in the crown area. I've tried Propecia over a year and also tried Proscar. I sadly got no results from either, so I stopped taking it altogether. I still continue to lose my hair everyday. My hair loss bothers me some days, but I've learned there are much worse things in life than hair loss.
  • SpencerKobren
    Administrator
    • Oct 2008

Welcome!

Hey Jarrod,
    I'm glad to see that you've joined our community! I wish more guys your age had such great perspective. We're here to to help, so feel free to post any of your questions or concerns. We hope to build a positive environment for hair loss sufferers to learn and to share with others who are in the same situation.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Comment

• davesolazzo
      • Oct 2008

Hey Jarrod,

You said that you got no results while you were on Propecia and Proscar. Do you mean that you just didn't get any regrowth? Did it stop your hair loss or slow it down in any way at all?

Comment

• JustJoe
        • Oct 2008

Hair

Originally posted by Jarrod
        Hey everyone! My name is Jarrod and I'm going bald. I've been losing my hair for the past year. I'm 21 years old and thinning pretty bad in the crown area. I've tried Propecia over a year and also tried Proscar. I sadly got no results from either, so I stopped taking it altogether. I still continue to lose my hair everyday. My hair loss bothers me some days, but I've learned there are much worse things in life than hair loss.
        Hey Jarrod, I looked at your hair on Youtube and it's not the bad! I think it could be saved if you got to the right doctor. Also, it's perfectly FINE to be bald! It might look good on you! It likely would look GREAT on you!

However, I think if you went to the right doctor that you have a chance of saving your hair. The reason I have this opinion is because you weren't measuring your results on Propecia/Proscar with a folliscope. To be sure that the medications weren't working you would need a baseline (density and cailber) done by a professional. Then, after 6 months take a remeasurement to see if the caliber or density had increased. My opinion is that you still have a chance, but either way, dude you're going to be fine!

You know we love you at TBT! No worries man!

Comment

• Jarrod
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by davesolazzo
          Hey Jarrod,

You said that you got no results while you were on Propecia and Proscar. Do you mean that you just didn't get any regrowth? Did it stop your hair loss or slow it down in any way at all?
          Yeah it did nothing for me. I still lost my hair even when I took Propecia & Proscar. I think all it did was slow down my hair loss. I didn't get any regrowth either. I'm just glad I can still hide my hair loss most of the time.

I would get a hair transplant, but I don't have thousands of dollars for that. So I guess I'll just have to be bald. For now though I'm going to work with what I have left.

Comment

• JustJoe
            • Oct 2008

Yeah it did nothing for me. I still lost my hair even when I took Propecia & Proscar. I think all it did was slow down my hair loss. I didn't get any regrowth either. I'm just glad I can still hide my hair loss most of the time.

I would get a hair transplant, but I don't have thousands of dollars for that. So I guess I'll just have to be bald. For now though I'm going to work with what I have left.
            Good choice!

Comment

• Jarrod
              • Oct 2008

I’ve learned to just accept that I’m going bald. I’ve tried everything except avodart. I doubt my dermatologist will give me a prescription for it. I had a hard time getting a prescription for Proscar. If I look really bad when I go completely bald I’ll probably look into a toupee. For now though I’m going to enjoy what’s left lol.

Comment

• WomensHairLossProject
                • Oct 2008

I’ve learned to just accept that I’m going bald. I’ve tried everything except avodart. I doubt my dermatologist will give me a prescription for it. I had a hard time getting a prescription for Proscar. If I look really bad when I go completely bald I’ll probably look into a toupee. For now though I’m going to enjoy what’s left lol.
                Thats a great outlook!
                I am not a doctor. I am just another 34 year old girl who has been dealing with hair loss for 13 years. Everything I say is only my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

• bigmac
                  • Nov 2008

Hi Jarrod
                  Spoke to you via youtube the other day.

You have a great gameplan regarding your hairloss situation and i hope it all works out for you.

Cheers Bri.

Comment

• Jarrod
                    • Oct 2008

Thanks bigmac

Comment

• bigmac
                      • Nov 2008

My condolences to you Jarrod on the loss of your dad.

Comment

• Jarrod
                        • Oct 2008

Thanks bigmac. I still can't believe my dad is gone. He passed away in his sleep on the 4th of July this year. I really miss having him around. I know he’s up in heaven though looking over me each day. I’ll see him again one day, when it’s my time.

Comment

• PayDay
                          • Nov 2008

Hang in there kid. It never goes away but it does get better in time.

Comment

Working...