Threaded View

Question Let me get this straight....

I'm new to the forum and I've been doing some web research lately as a means of coping with a recent bout of depression triggered by 2 mirrors and harsh light.
    Anyway I would like to make sure I am completely up to date with all the best treatment hopes in the near future, by running the main things I've learned passed you guys. If I've missed anything substantial please enlighten me.

1. The most appealing possibility is being proposed by REPLICEL. They will isolate dermal sheath cups and multiply them in culture, then reinject them into the scalp where they will rejuvenate dormant follicles as well as create brand new ones. Hair will grow at the right angle giving a natural look. We should know if they're onto something by March 2012.

2. Histogen are developing a hair stimulating complex that is derived from cells grown in embryonic conditions. The product will contain growth factors and proteins that should stimulate growth.They've been delayed by a lawsuit and the earthquake, but When is this gonna be finished it's trial? will it be available in japan first? (cos I'm there if it is!)

3. Aderans, seem confident they will be able to clone follicle cells and reinject them, they call it 'ji gami'. I don't know if this will be as natural looking as replicel but beggars can't be choosers. Am I right in thinking 2014 is the anticipated public launch date??

4. George Cotsarelis, discovered wounding growth windows for wnt proteins years ago and founded follica. Last year discovered baldies still have hair stem cells in their scalps, which just need a kick start. (Yale researchers have found certain fat cells could be the signallers). I would love to see these guys do somethin' because, the results would be an actual expression of your own dna blueprints. It would be the shape of your own hairline, because it's your own stem cells being activated. Cotsarelis always says maybe within ten years. (well at least he's honest)

5. Intercytex and berlin technical university have generated a follicle from stem cells, they may be able to repeat this in the scalp. I don't really know the science on this one or the timeframe. Anybody??

OK I think they are the best hopes for the next few years. I'm sick of minoxidil and lasers, and they're not ****ing working any more. I'm running out of time here! I reckon I can hold on another year before I start to lose control of it.
    Anyway have I missed anything? Is there any other Massive company on the verge of making history that we know of?