+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    Good cases:
    > I normally spot mpb in an instant but Charlie Sheen had me totally fooled. he has pronounced recession and I had no idea watchin 2 and a half men. When he cut it short it looked terrible!.
    Faiely certain that Charlie and Jon Cryer both wear rugs

Cryer has really thin hair and was recently on Letterman and it was an obvious rug

http://baldouting.blogspot.com/2010/02/jon-cryer.html

Sheen has the same hair style / length ALL the time .
    Here's a pic of when he shaved his head and his " normal " look

http://www.overoll.com/Content/Charl...19/228235.news

I don't think, he can let his hair grow out and it would be that thick / dense especially when you see what it looks like shaved .....he has recession

Jon cryer ....ouch

Charlie sheen I'm not sure if he is wearing a wig... possibly.

Anyway the point I was tryna make was that if you are losing your hair there is 3 basic phases

1) early phase : you know you have mpb and it is eventually gonna GET you, But for the moment nobody else is really aware of it and with some styling your hair can still look good. (some recession, mild thinning, possibly the shine and bounce is gone and feels like straw without product, BUT we can make it work.)

2)The Transition phase. This is the awkward phase I'm talkin about. Your tormented with inner conflict and self doubt. Your not sure whether you've crossed the line. You look just about alright in the bathroom mirror but then later somebody makes a joke or you stand under a spot light and catch your reflection in a mirror... "****... I'M DONE....". (I'm talkin a gap in the crown, or maybe you were previously able to conceal thin areas by committing all the hair in the forelock in one direction, but now a central parting to cover recession leaves too wide a part, or gelling all the hair in the forelock together to give it some weight exposes the recession.) It's fighting a losing battle. With meds you may attain a reasonable appearance but it's hard work.

3) Game over. Bullet biting time. Man up time. You might not be a norwood 6 or 7 yet, but half bald is as good as bald, shave it off. At this point it doesn't even matter if you've a weird head shape, You still need to shave it. Wispy strands, and exposed shiny areas or patchy clumps are worse than a clean shaven head. It definitely needs to go at this stage.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who's come out of the closet so to speak and shaved their head after giving up trying to conceal hairloss. I'm close to that point and would be interested to hear anyone's experiences. What was it like the next few times you saw your friends? Or when you went to work the next day?

I hadn't taken photos of my crown for quite a while until last night. After I washed my hair and after I applied Regaine. Normally I sweep my long hair from the sides and back to cover my crown but I didn't when I took the photos. The photos were horrifying.

I know that I won't grow anymore hair with Regaine so things can only get worse (if Proscar is not working for me) so my only hope is for a future miracle cure because I don't want to get a transplant. Even if any cures are 4 years away, not only am I likely to have less (if none) hair left, it is a major hassle to try and conceal hairloss and I don't know if I have it in me to continue playing with my hair so much everyday until then.

So I'm sort of considering shaving it but am scared of reactions and that I will be completely ugly and unappealing to girls. Only 2 weeks ago I had sex with a girl I picked up that night so that may suggest that I don't look terrible right now with my hair as it is. It just looks particularly bad the day of and after I washed my hair (I normally wash it every 3-4 days).

On the negative side of having a bald/shaved head, I'm short, stocky, have a big head and have always been known for my wild messy hair so it would be a shock for people to see how bald I actually am.

On the positive side, I'm a trendy hipster, well dressed, fashionable thick glasses, can grow an epic beard and am in the process of getting in great shape thanks to jogging 5 days a week and eating well. I also tan well.

So can anyone recount any stories of when they shaved their head for the world to see?